About UsTwo Games
ustwo Games is a 30-person studio in London, best known as the creators of Monument Valley and more recently Alba: A Wildlife Adventure and Desta: The Memories Between. We are a multi-discipline team drawing from a diverse range of backgrounds and creative influences; our aim is to craft emotional, surprising experiences, for a broad audience, that change the world’s perception of what interactive entertainment can be.
📍Location: London, UK.
We are looking for a Lead Designer to join a new and ambitious project, shaping the game design and leading the design team through development.
What you'll be doing:
- As part of the project’s leadership, being collectively responsible for achievement of the project’s goals, quality of the product and efficiency of the team (up to 20 people).
- Helping build a tight-knit, collaborative team with high levels of trust and empathy.
- Leading the design team on your project (up to 3 designers), helping plan and guide their work
- Working with the Game Director to understand and help define the creative vision of the project
- Designing systems, mechanics and content to achieve the desired player experience
- Documenting and communicating design direction to the team
- Working in-engine, setting an example of good execution for other designers
- Collaborating with other leads on the project to help you make design decisions that take into account production cost and risk.
- Ensuring the game design is guided by user testing, putting the player first
- Line-managing other designers, mentoring and supporting personal development within the team.
- 5+ years industry experience
- You have experienced multiple full production cycles
- You have shipped at least one project as a Lead Designer
- Experience making games in Unity
- User testing experience
What we can offer you!
We are a friendly, passionate studio, with a buzz of creativity. We offer a competitive package, including but not limited to private medical insurance with Bupa, company pension, profit sharing scheme, individual training budget and training days, discretionary travel and working from home allowance, wellbeing benefits platform with Juno, company socials and away days and amazing family friendly policies.
Flexibility is an important part of our company culture, so we offer employees flexible hours and hybrid working with 2 days from our Studio in Oval and 3 days from home. We also offer 25 days holiday (inclusive of studio closure days over Christmas) and mental health days. You can find more information about our benefits on our website.