Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
Figma is seeking a Motion Designer to join the Brand Studio, a multidisciplinary group of designers, makers, and strategists. This passionate team gives shape to the ways Figma shows up and interacts with the world through brand touch-points, marketing efforts and social channels. The team values makers who are curious, think deeply, ego-free, enjoy collaboration, and appreciate feedback.
As a Motion Designer, you bring to life a variety of dynamic brand expressions across many surfaces including Figma’s website, social channels, and events. This is a highly collaborative role, partnering closely with Go-To-Market teams to give shape to projects that build awareness of the Figma brand and product benefits in engaging and novel ways. This role is essential in maintaining and evolving our brand’s motion design sensibility and actively provides a critical eye to the level of detail, polish, craft, and consistency in our overall output. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-motivated systems thinker with a deep understanding of visual storytelling and excited to elevate any project.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you'll do at Figma:
- Contribute to all stages of animation / video creative development, from ideation and storyboarding to production and final delivery
- Develop, champion and influence how the Figma’s brand expresses itself through motion and develop guidelines, systems, and processes to ensure quality and consistency at scale
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (ex: editorial, social, events, research, product marketing, etc) in ways that elevate and inform the team’s output
- Lead as a domain-expert by pitching new video concepts and formats that serve our global audience
- Work closely with designers and developers in implementing engaging and dynamic motion solutions across Figma’s web surfaces
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Strong critical thinking and storytelling skills
- A dynamic portfolio and/or motion reel showcasing technical 2D animation expertise, a high-level of craft, and a great sense of timing
- Effectively communicate concepts and design rationale
- Able to work independently, drive multiple projects at a time, and iterate quickly
- Experience and interest in building and extending motion systems
- Comfortable in your soft skills: listening, negotiating, and decision-making
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
More figma careers