Pinata Technologies, Inc. is building the tools and infrastructure for a more free and empowering web3 generation through IPFS. Our vision is to foster a sense of place for every creator on the internet that is uniquely theirs. Our fully remote team comprises engineers and designers, builders and creators, and overall kind humans with big dreams. We believe in a culture that fosters integrity and teamwork, laughter and trust, and our work is meaningful and challenging in the best ways every day.
As a Product Designer at Pinata, you will design and drive user experience across multiple mediums to create best-in-class experiences for our customers, empowering them to distribute their media using our platform. You are excited to address customer needs through research and an extensive understanding of the customer journey. You’re curious, passionate, and zealous about using design systems to ship great products.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Brand Designers, Marketing, Engineering, and Business Development to identify customer needs and build 0 to 1 digital product features from conception to launch
- Work with our Product team to drive discovery and the product roadmap
- Set the standard for exceptional design by improving utility
- Build design systems to push engaging end-to-end experiences informed by user research and business goals
WHAT YOU BRING
- 3+ years of experience at a startup or SaaS company driving high caliber Product/UX design
- Passionate about the principles of web3 including ownership and transparency
- Deep understanding of risk, technical constraints and tradeoffs without compromising design
- Influentional communication and collaboration with internal teams and customers
- Work proactively, iterate, and ship quickly to meet changing business demands
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data to inform user journeys and design decisions
- Experience with Figma, wireframing, protoyping, UI, and responsive web and app design
- Experience designing for accessibility
YOUR FIRST 90 DAYS
After 30 Days:
- Meet the team
- Discovery of our different products
- Collaborate in design critiques
After 60 Days:
- Pushed new components in Funfetti Design System
- Participated in a full product cycle
- Designed and shipped at least 1 feature
After 90 Days:
- Helped build the design vision of Pinata
- Helped lead design workshops in pods
- Fully embedded in Pinata team
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
🌐 Ability to work remotely from anywhere
🩺 Health, dental and vision benefits
🌴 Unlimited paid time off
💻 Professional development stipend
🐣 18 weeks parental leave for full-time, salaried employees including birth, adoption, or surrogacy
🏦 Meaningful equity for full-time, salaried employees
🤩 Opportunity to join us at an early stage where your contributions will make an impact and you’ll have opportunities to flourish
Applying to Pinata
We value different experiences, so even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply!
Pinata follows a structured interview process. If we move forward with your application, our typical interview process includes:
- Recruiter call to discuss your experience and logistics
- Interview with hiring manager
- Team panel interview with people on the team you'd be joining
Some roles will have a take-home assignment or technical interview. Candidates may also be asked to meet with additional team members at the hiring manager's request.
Pinata Compensation Philosophy
At Pinata, we compensate our team fairly and consistently by analyzing market data and benchmarking to ensure equitable, unbiased compensation.
In accordance to pay transparency laws, Pinata provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired and performed in the United States. For the United States only, our salary range for this role is $94,350-101,575 and $117,300-126,225 for Senior Product Designer. For any additional countries where this role may be hired and performed, compensation will be determined by location. Compensation will be determined during the interview process based on experience, competencies, and market data. In addition to salary, we offer equity and competitive benefits where eligible. At any time during the interview process, please ask your recruiter for more information.
A Note on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Our team spans over 7 countries and each of us offer unique perspectives. We believe in treating everyone with respect and providing an environment where everyone can be their authentic self. Pinata is an equal opportunity employer and we value inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people who are neurodivergent, have medical needs or disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please complete this form.