Coda started with an observation: In a world full of applications, why do documents and spreadsheets still run everything? And why haven't they been meaningfully updated in over 50 years? Coda is a new doc that's familiar and flexible like the documents you're used to, but comes with building blocks you can combine to create docs as powerful as apps. It's a big product with an even bigger mission. And we need your help to spread the word! We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, and have assembled a world-class team across offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, and Seattle, and remote employees all over the US. In fact, all our jobs are open in any location across the US. Here's a quick overview of what we do.
Coda is looking for a Product Designer to help us imagine the future of productivity software and creation tools. It is an exciting mission but with an extremely challenging set of design problems. We are building flexible surface that anyone can mold into their personalized tool for work and life. You will think about how to break down powerful, abstract programming and data concepts into terms and experiences anyone can digest. As a Product Designer, you will talk to customers about their needs and use cases to create the next set of game-changing features.
Coda is used by tens of thousands of people and we're early in our journey. Joining our small design team means your fingerprints will be all over the foundation of the product. You will report to one of our Design Leads.
In this role you will:
- Bring a user focus to brainstorming sessions and critiques
- Refine concepts to bring them to life.
- Conduct user research and usability testing to discover to validate designs.
- Prototype interactions in design tools like Figma or even by digging into the code yourself (if you are comfortable).
- Oversee the build process with developers in a tight feedback loop.
- Help us mold our culture into one that focuses on the user and encourages design thinking across the company.
You may be a great fit for this role if:
- You have experience distilling complex tools or concepts down to simple design solutions
- You can levy engineering, product, and go-to-market teams to make design-centered decisions
- You have a good aesthetic sense and can both work within and expand the visual style of the product
- You are curious and not afraid to get in and start tinkering to make things better
- You care about teammates and work to uplift and make the team better
- You care about the details that not only make a product usable but also delightful to use
- You have 5+ years of design experience
- PLEASE SUBMIT A PORTFOLIO (and password if password protected)