Gather helps distributed teams build digital spaces that bring everyone together.
Whether collaborating in meetings, co-working with colleagues, or stopping by someone's digital desk, connecting with your team becomes energizing. High bandwidth work and culture creation happen no matter where your team members are.
The mission of Gather is to eliminate the physical barriers to opportunity and connection.
This is a 1-3 month contract position working directly with our CPO and Co-Founder & CEO to execute on short-term mission-critical projects.
_ Come dream with us _
Gather is a small team right now, meaning every designer has an extremely significant role in shaping and executing the vision of the company.
Questions we find ourselves asking:
- How do we enable the future of remote or hybrid work? What kind of product research and analysis should we be doing now in all of our product verticals to be best prepared to deliver the best customer experience for this use case?
- How do we, broadly, enable real, meaningful, social connection over the internet vs the transactional feeling that comes with traditional solutions?
- How do we emulate the experience of sitting around a table with teammates or friends and hanging out?
- How can we empower users to customize their own experience so they feel a sense of pride in their space?
- … and more!
Where you’ll make an impact:
- Partner with Product, Art, Maps, Engineering, Data and other depts to shape an inspiring vision and strategy for the future of our Remote Work products.
- Own the end-to-end design proposals and plans for highly strategic and complex projects – from IA to wireframes to user flows to high-fidelity mocks to prototypes and everything in between.
- Set a standard of operational excellence by driving the design side of projects extremely effectively through strong project management, clear communication, and goal setting.
- Validate ideas throughout the lifecycle of the project by interviewing/surveying customers directly, incorporating insights, and sharing insights back to the team.
- Build alignment across diverse teams by being able to successfully present ideas to a range of teams and stakeholders across Gather.
What you bring:
- You have at least 7-10+ years of relevant experience as an individual contributor on an in-house product design team.
- You have the ability to work on ambiguous and broad problems/opportunities, along with smaller well-defined projects.
- You are a critical participant in design reviews – both in delivering feedback to teammates to strengthen their work, but also in soliciting feedback at every step of the process.
- You are strong across interaction design, visual design, prototyping, and information architecture.
- You have experience designing mobile and web consumer products at scale. A combination of consumer and B2B experience is ideal. Bonus: You have worked in gaming and/or are passionate about games yourself.
- You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical partners, internally and externally.
- You are comfortable in ambiguous situations and dynamic environments and understand what fast growing startups entail for designers.
- You are scrappy, have a bias toward action, and love moving fast.
- You enjoy spending time with customers and are adept and getting to the root problems that our product is uniquely positioned to solve.
- You know how to build strong relationships cross-functionally.
US Hourly Range
At Gather, compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. The base hourly range for this position in the selected city is $85.00/hr - $130.00/hr and we encourage candidates outside of this hourly range to apply.