About Koa Health
Against the backdrop of decades of rising demand, mental health has never been more important. The Covid pandemic has led to a four-fold increase in mental disorders around the world, impacting individuals, companies, and communities. With no increase in the supply of clinicians, tens of millions of people are stranded today without access to care. Today, we simply don’t have enough mental health clinicians to meet demand. Koa Health aims to solve the gap between demand and supply with a unique human-digital hybrid approach, built upon the best digital technology in the literature. Koa’s digital assets deliver the highest quality care, measured through engagement, program completion, patient and clinician satisfaction, and clinical efficacy. Critically, Koa technology substantially increases clinician productivity, allowing our precious clinicians to treat more people. With more than fifty papers in the literature, twelve clinical trials, 26 patents, and broad and deep clinical networks in place, we have just launched Koa Care 360 - a uniquely scalable and profitable mental health care service.
Having secured a successful and oversubscribed Series A funding totaling €30m (ca.$36M) in October 2020 and additional €20m funding in May 2022, we are currently closing our Series B round of investment, with €12M secured from our existing investors. You can read more about Koa Health on our website here. There has never been a more critical moment for the work that we’re leading at Koa Health. And this is where you come in!
As a Jr Product Designer you will work in a cross-functional product team to define and design user experience solutions that improve the health and wellbeing of the people who use our products and services everyday. You will also have the support of a Design Lead, who will guide you and nurture your design skills.
We believe in supporting our Designers and giving them the autonomy to do what they do best while having the support of working within a structured team on a focused goal. We work collaboratively as much as possible between Design, Research, Engineering and Product so you'll have the opportunity to explore the skills you most hope to improve while having the chance to support the user research team when making interview users, propose new design solutions and work closely with our Engineers to build a sense of craft and quality into our products.
- Collaboratively designing the UX/UI of a feature of a product/service
- Working with the User Research team to identify: opportunities for research, insights and needs
- Working with Product Managers in the feature discovery process
- Working with Engineering help maintain delivery schedules, and collaborate on: storymapping, feature grooming, and design specifications
- Work with the Content team to create engaging and effective content across illustrations
- Working towards the delivery of a feature with the support of your immediate team
- Working on simple marketing materials
- Utilizing and improving our design system
- Asking for help and feedback, as needed, from your team members
- Identifying the skills that you hope to improve and the areas you enjoy working on, so we can help you develop your career
- 1-3 years experience as a UX/UI designer.
- Strong skills in Figma and design prototyping tools. You master the design processes, and the use of softwares.
- Experience creating scalable design language systems for typography, colour, components, and layouts.
- Experience designing visual creativities for all services (such as marketing materials)
- Ability to create simple illustrations.
- Familiarity with modern tools like Figma, Adobe XD, Miro
- Portfolio showcasing your craft, skill experience and product design processes.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Fluent in English.
- You are innately curious and proactive.
- You always seek feedback and like to promote an inclusive, low-ego approach to work.
- You fall in love with the problems, not the solutions.
- You approach problems with curiosity and willingness to learn and try new things.
- You have openness and empathic understanding of people.
- You are able to adapt to fast-changing environments.
- You are a team player with a positive attitude.
Why Koa Health?
We are at the forefront of innovation in digital health, working on one of today’s hottest topics – mental health. By working with Koa, you will make a positive impact on the lives of many people.
Aside from the power of our mission, we provide all the support and benefits to make your life at work and outside of work fun and comfortable year-round, such as:
- Competitive rewards package that includes: Food Allowance, Private Health Insurance, Pension Contribution, Life Insurance, Bonus Scheme, and Share Options
- We believe in walking the talk : We are focused on supporting your wellbeing and therefore provide you with a Wellbeing Allowance and Wellbeing Leave, as well as a generous annual leave allocation to help manage both your mental and physical health as you see fit
- Flexibility : We’re hiring your skills and experience, so ask you to use these in the most effective way you can whilst managing your work-life balance in your own way
- Worldwide WeWork membership : We provide access to WeWork for those who prefer hybrid working (remote and in the office). Across the world, you will find Koa teams collaborating on our private rooftop terrace in Barcelona and in our offices in downtown Boston and central London
- An international environment : Our teams, our clients and our collaborators span the US, the UK, Europe, and Asia. Our breadth of experience offers the opportunity to understand and get involved in healthcare systems worldwide.
An inclusive workplace
At Koa Health, we are proud to have a safe space where cultures, backgrounds, ideas and ways of solving problems combine. This unique mix is a big part of our recipe for success when it comes to working towards our mission of mental health for all. We firmly believe that diversity and inclusion should be embedded in the fabric of our organization and we know true progress comes with long-term commitments and actions. We are building a space where our people feel respected for who they are and are rewarded based on the impact they make to the business.
Regardless of your personal identifiers, at Koa Health you can be yourself, and feel respected, accepted and supported. We promote an inclusive culture where people who think and act differently can discover ways to learn from each other. Promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity must be a company-wide effort. As a scale-up company, we are creating a safe space that fosters acceptance and invites differences as part of our first steps toward building a resilient and inclusive work environment.