About Playground AI
At Playground AI, we’re building an image editor that combines AI research and product design to enable people to create graphics like a Pro without being one.
Over the next 10 years we plan to make progress in creating intelligence that exceeds current human capability in manipulating pixels. It should accomplish challenging tasks ranging from instructing an AI to make subtle changes to images, creating entire 3D environments, and understanding context of a scene in a video. We plan to start by accomplishing difficult tasks with images first.
Our mission is to push the boundaries of what computers can do with graphics to awaken the imagination within each of us.
We also want to be clear: we have no future plan to invent “AGI” if things go well—we’re focused on graphics and the creativity of mankind.
Note: We are only accepting candidates from the U.S. or Canada at this time
If you join us, you’ll be an early team member in helping shape:
- Our future company culture
- Our engineering practices
- People that we hire
- The direction & focus of our products
What we're looking for:
- You will be the second full-time product designer on the team—you'll work directly with Suhail
- Experienced at talking to users and willing to constantly do so without encouragement
- Willing to explore product ideas through design and animation before executing on them
- Willing to throw away ideas if they're not great. Optimistic enough to keep hunting for new ones.
- Excited to collaborate with everyone on the team: engineers, customer facing folks, etc—you believe inspiration can come from anywhere
- You have good judgement to push the most impactful ideas forward that will make users happy
- You don't believe users are our guinea pigs: we ship great products when they're ready and something we might often use ourselves.
- You have good judgement of when to ship: perfect is the enemy of good
- You care about details and are excited to keep pushing your work
Skills & Experience
- Are an expert in either UI, UX, or visual design, but skilled in more disciplines across product design
- Have 5+ years relevant design experience at a tech, product-driven company
- Familiar with tools like or similar to Figma
Here are examples of things we’ve worked on:
- Social features: commenting, uploading profile pictures, re-thinking the home page feed
- Introducing ways to explore similar images to help our users be inspired by using CLIP-based embeddings.
- Re-thinking navigation components from actions users take on images to our entire site menu system
- Making it easy to select many images from a user's profile to download in a single zip file