Unity, which recently merged with ironSource, is the world’s leading platform for creating and growing real-time 3D content.
Unity's game development platform is one of the most popular. The company's suite of creation tools aims to make life easy for artists, designers, and developers. Outside video games, Unity's platform is used in aerospace, film, medical, manufacturing, and other industries where real-time 3D content needs to be created.
Unity is looking for a senior product designer to lead product design for ground breaking authoring technologies using Weta and Unity tools. This is an opportunity to bring new levels of artistic control and visual fidelity into the hands of a truly global audience, working on a suite of authoring tools from the ground up.
Working directly with product management, engineering leaders, designers, and artists, this person will play a key role in enabling the next generation of artists to create visually outstanding content, consistently and efficiently at scale, with new accessible tools. The right candidate will combine design ability with a natural curiosity for technology, knowledge of environment creation or VFX pipelines and a passion for empowering artists.
You will collaborate with other designers to establish our product vision, whilst advocating for our users, bring alignment and consistency between products, and exemplify the highest standards of inclusive design, on the way to delivering innovative solutions to artists worldwide.
What you’ll be doing
- Apply your design skills to turn complex technology into intuitive, efficient and joyful artist tools, thereby enabling more creators to achieve their vision.
- Work with product management, product design, technical and production artists, UX research and engineering leads to develop and refine product strategy, establish clear design goals, and promote a culture of innovation, collaboration, and inclusivity.
- Create sketches, storyboards, wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity comps to communicate product vision to internal and external partners.
- Engage with subject matter experts to research and validate product decisions.
- Conduct design reviews with senior leadership to ensure alignment with project goals, and collaborate with other designers to ensure consistency and coherence across Unity products.
What we’re looking for
- A design portfolio, showcasing project development from concept to shipping, creative thought, a user-centric approach, awareness of technology and design craftsmanship, and a desire to promote visual excellence.
- The ability to initiate design conversations within a team or group context, to reason through complex problems, and arrive at elegant solutions in a collaborative way.
- Previous experience with product design in content authoring tools.
- Excellent collaborator with strong verbal, visual and written communication skills.
You might also have
- Experience designing consumer or professional products for multiple platforms.
- Experience with motion design or graphic design
- Familiarity with Unity, and/or other game engines.