About Applied Intuition
Software advances are fundamentally changing the vehicles that all of us interact with every day. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the world’s adoption of safe and intelligent machines. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting-edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Los Angeles, Detroit, Washington, D.C., Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo, Applied consists of software, robotics, and automotive experts with experiences from top global companies. Leading automotive programs (17 of the top 20 global OEMs) use Applied’s solutions to bring software solutions to market faster on their vehicles.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer who can design elegant, immersive and production-level quality Human-Machine Interfaces (HMI) for vehicles of the future. As part of Applied’s design team, you will play a critical role in shaping the design direction of this new project with strategic importance to Applied.
At Applied, you will:
- Lead the end-to-end design lifecycle (from concept to production)
- Directly interact with OEMs to identify the target use-cases and consumer pain points
- Collaborate closely with PM and Eng to create and validate design solutions for embedded software applications and companion devices
- Work quickly to ship new features in fast release cycles
We're looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of experience working on embedded devices and consumer facing products
- Strong visual and interaction design skills
- Ability to work independently and thrive in fast-paced environments
- Strong communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience in designing in-vehicle experiences
- Portfolio of 3D work
- Experience creating user research studies and strategy