At Runway, we believe everyone has a story to tell. Our mission is to make professional video and content creation accessible to all. We are taking recent advancements in computer graphics, the web, and machine learning to push the boundaries of creativity and in turn, lower the barriers of content creation; unfastening a new wave of storytelling 🚀
Over the last three years, we’ve raised funding from top-tier investors including Felicis, Coatue, Lux, and Amplify, all with a team small enough to fit at one (growing) table. Our team consists of creative, open minded, caring and entrepreneurial individuals from all walks of life. We aspire to build incredible things which starts with building an incredible team, so we’d love to hear from you! 😄
We are looking for a passionate Product Designer to join a highly creative team and help us design, organize, and build the tools of the future. This candidate should be a motivated self-starter with experience working with engineering teams and shipping products. This role will give you a chance to work in a highly collaborative environment with our leadership team as well as the product, engineering, and research teams. This role will have a high impact on the overall design & future of Runway.
What you’ll do 🎨
- Lead design projects, including new features and improvements to our mobile and web platforms.
- Produce, iterate, and prototype concepts for creative workflows.
- Collaborate closely with the engineering, product, and marketing teams to suggest product and process improvements.
- Coordinate and participate in user research with the design and product teams.
- Contribute to maintaining visual and user experience consistency across our products.
What you’ll need 💻
- Experience designing flows, prototypes and high-fidelity UI's for web products and strong visual design skills
- Understanding of modern web technologies, web interactions, and usability standards
- Experience conducting user research and ability to make use of data to inform design decisions
- Experience delivering and iterating product features and close collaboration with engineering teams
- Ability and flexibility to iterate fast and often
- Experience prototyping and a strong ability to communicate your ideas to others
- Passion for working with small teams, establishing a design culture, and creating a design-centric process within the company
- Knowledge and understanding of the creative tool space
- Bonus points if you have front-end development experience (esp. React!) or experience working with artificial intelligence.
- At Runway, it’s always a bonus if you have artistic and creative potential, particularly skills with video/audio editing, icon/typography design, Illustration, etc.)