Gisou is born out of a passion for bees, haircare and natural beauty. Based on a six-generation beekeeping heritage, each Gisou product is inspired by and made with the finest, sustainably sourced ingredients from our very own Mirsalehi Bee Garden. With this method, our founder Negin and her father continue the family tradition of beekeeping. Our hair care and complexion products harness the transformative benefits of Mirsalehi Honey and rich botanical sources, selected to enhance one’s natural beauty.
We are committed to a bee-friendly & sustainable production method that puts the Mirsalehi Honey Bees first, not only for the sake of the bees, but the greater ecosystem as well. In the upcoming years, we intend to continue to develop high-quality honey infused beauty products as we develop a globally renowned label and raise awareness about the importance of a healthy bee population.
We have been experiencing double digital growth YoY and have established ourselves as a leading hair care line across our global retailers such as Sephora, Selfridges, Mecca, and Harrods. We are currently available in over 40 countries and are on an explosive journey of growth as we launch in new markets, open additional channels and focus on building our team internationally.
Our team is the heart of our business, without an incredible team we would not be where we are today and where we dream to go tomorrow. Being a part of Gisou is for those who are passionate, ambitious, hard working, agile and approachable. Join us on this epic journey!
At Gisou, exciting times are ahead. As a fast-growing company we are ready to take on more projects that we are very enthusiastic about. To make those projects happen, we are looking for the support of an experienced Senior Product Design Manager. The Senior Product Design Manager will be responsible for managing a small team of designers and hands-on product focused product, packaging and graphic design tasks, in close collaboration with our creative and product development decision makers.
- Manage concepting, design, and realisation of (creative) product designs that will strengthen Gisous brand portfolio
- You will create distinctive product-, packaging- and graphic concepts and are able to translate those concepts into state-of-the art designs. You will add depth to shapes, colors and graphics level up the brands visual identity
- Guard and apply the Gisou brand identity to designs, while you are not afraid of showing your own progressive and innovative vision in your proposals
- Be responsible for a wide range of work - from maintaining Gisous brand identity, concepting, product and packaging design, to retail and experiential concepts, and also production of all those deliverables.
- Lead and manage discussions between the design team and the product development team
- Work closely with the New Product Development team
- Be able to anticipate between deadlines and the highest attainable
- Always be focused on sustainable product designs but without compromising on look, feel, quality and brand identity
- Create briefings for internal approvals on product designs, 3D design, 2D design, and typography skills
- Create briefings giving feedback and input during planning and strategy meetings.
- Manage and provide guidance and coordinate information with external production parties such as printing companies and material suppliers. You will consequently visit these parties to do production checks.
- Oversee the design team and maintain the workflow where team members are working smoothly together
- Inspire yourself and fellow team members with latest trends, industry knowledge, and your personal vision on the graphic and product-design industry
- 5+ years of professional design experience, with print and product development background, preferably in beauty, fashion or a similar innovative, high-energy field
- Experience in managing a team with proven ability to build, mentor, and motivate team members
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- You are highly creative, proactive, and with a great eye for details
- Great communication and storytelling skills, both verbal, visual and written
- Expertise with design tools, including Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign Adobe Photoshop, Abode Substance 3D Stager and related 3D modeling programs.
- A good understanding of product design principles
- Knowledge of the new product development workflow
- Project management and organization skills
- Strong portfolio showing the breadth of product, packaging and graphic design capabilities.
WHAT WE OFFER
The opportunity to be part of an ambitious, fun and dynamic team, with a pleasant informal and international working atmosphere and regular team activities and drinks. You will be working 5 days a week from our stunning office in the centre of Amsterdam, and have the possibility to work one day from home. Lunch, drinks and snacks in the office are being provided every day.
Our team's wellbeing is super important to us, therefore we offer fitness membership via Onefit, and mental health support via OpenUp to all our employees. Gisou is a fast growing and disruptive beauty company that offers huge opportunities for personal development and growth.
We cant wait to hear from you.