Coinsquare is Canada’s leading and most secure digital asset trading platform for trading Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and other digital currencies.
We built the most secure trading platform, and since our founding in 2014 we’ve never lost a coin. We’re FINTRAC regulated as a money services business, meaning we keep all our clients' money in Canada and use bank-level security measures on our platform.
We’ve raised over $60M to date, growing from one employee in February 2017 to over 100 employees by January of 2019. We’ve been featured in major media outlets across Canada and are always dedicated to bringing digital asset investing to the mainstream through our various operations like digital currency mining, funds, capital markets, and other offerings coming down the pipeline as we grow.
Coinsquare’s design team is entering a new era and we’re looking for fresh thinkers and makers to grow our design practice. With our product and technology turning a new leaf, the need for design will play an ever increasing role in our business and we’ve started by bringing in a new design leader to grow this team from the ground up.
As a Product Designer, you’ll bring your expertise in the design space to help build and mature our practice while working in an exciting and emerging space - cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. The world is your oyster! Help the organization figure out how to best leverage design and advance our digital products.
Your work will make real impact and you’ll collaborate with many other disciplines to drive our product agenda forward. As a startup in an emerging industry, this is a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The learning is virtually limitless - help shape not only your own career but a new industry.
If your passion is fuelled by curiosity and you want to be on the forefront of an exciting business, we want to hear from you!
Here's what the role looks like:
- Continuously level up your knowledge in this emerging industry; develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products to bring new ideas to the team
- Figure out what users need and find opportunities to improve their experience through user research methods such as empathy interviews, surveys and usability tests
- Combine qualitative and quantitative data to derive insights, solve problems, and refine the product experience on our web and native mobile app (Android/iOS) platforms
- Drive human-centred design activities, working in concert with product teams, to create creative and compelling solutionsDefine and validate user experiences through personas, journey maps, user flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes and other design artifacts
- Operate and grow your skills across the entire product design spectrum, from product discovery and research to delivery and execution
- Collaborate with the product and tech team through the entire product development lifecycle
- Propel the Coinsquare brand through experience design; define and own Coinsquare’s product design guidelines and UI best practices/standards ### ### The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in UX Design, Interaction Design, Visual Design, related field or equivalent hands-on experience
- 3-6 years of work experience in a digital product design role (bonus points if you’ve led both research and design activities within a product-led organization)
- 3-6 years of design experience on web-based and native mobile app platforms, comfortable with technology
- You’re fluid and able to operate at any level of zoom from the big picture down to the pixel
- You’re skilled in human-centred design methodologies, beyond the UI, and are able to influence and help others understand that design is more than just “skinning” an interface
- You’re pragmatic and believe in an iterative design approach, using tactics such as A/B testing and rapid prototyping to inform and evolve design solutions
- You possess a growth mindset and are willing to step out of the design space to strengthen your skills and competencies as a designer
- You’re a master at adapting to the ever changing tools of the trade; able to use tools in the modern product design stack such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Zeplin and Abstract
A portfolio review and/or design challenge may be required as candidates progress through the recruiting process. We understand that interviewing and applying for a new role can be time consuming. We do not give take-home assignments as respect for your time.