At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2023 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
Calm is the world’s #1 brand for mental fitness and our Calm Business team is furthering our mission to make the world happier and healthier by bringing our offering into the employee benefits space. Calm Business is helping companies build a more resilient organization by promoting better sleep, reducing stress and anxiety, and developing consistent mindfulness practices. We offer accessible and effective content to meet the needs of any diverse workforce. With our proven launch strategy and marketing resources, plus ongoing engagement programs and account support, we take the stress out of employee benefits.
This role will be for building user experiences on our Core Experience consumer app team. They will partner with Product Management, Engineering, Data Science, and Marketing to plan efforts to bring new customers to Calm. We are looking for someone with some prior web and/or growth experience along with the ability to flex to mobile as needed.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead projects on the core experience team and build mobile designs that drive impact.
- Take pride in helping design be easy-to-use, human-centered experiences that appeal to a broad audience. Balancing design forward-thinking with approachability.
- Passion for collaborating and coordinating across teams.
- Build working relationships, and develop new processes with cross-functional partners across Product Management, User Research, and Engineering.
- Produce variants and iterations on web landing pages.
- Bring data into your decision-making and rationale, understanding how your work is performing with a literacy of the measures being applied to it.
- Balance working on multiple projects at once, applying yourself to a variety of contexts in parallel.
- Operate within an already established Design System used by millions of customers. Ensuring our design and engineering teams are best set up to work efficiently with one another, while pushing for innovation where necessary.
- Attention to detail with engineering implementation, and the ability to integrate into engineering and QA processes to ensure high-quality execution.
Who You Are:
- Prior experience working on a consumer mobile app.
- Proficiency in designing UX and UI for mobile experiences.
- Passionate about consistency, continuity, accessibility, and quality in Product Design. You bring these passions forward by shipping effective product solutions that meet customer and business needs.
- You are consistently communicating decision making that cascades across platforms.
- Proven track record for working closely with Product Designers, Product Managers, Researchers, and Engineers. Together, efficiently shipping quality and consistent interface patterns, components, and codified design language.
- Demonstrating prior use of qualitative and quantitative methods to validate design decisions and strategy. We believe in leveraging everything from user research to data analysis to help empower our decision-making.
- In-depth experience with modern interface design tooling. We use Figma, Zeplin, and Principle predominantly (not limited to that). Also, a healthy interest in learning new tools as they become viable.
- 8+ years of experience with responsibilities of interface and user experience design for consumer-oriented products on mobile platforms.