- Rayon is building the next generation of architectural design software. More collaborative, simpler, smarter, and more beautiful.
- The design of buildings and spaces has a huge impact on our lives. Climate change, affordable housing, sustainable urbanization, future of work: all of these challenges will require us to design a better and more efficient built environment.
- Although architectural design is in essence a collaborative endeavor, the tools currently used by architects and designers are not made for collaboration and sharing knowledge. They are complex, they are expensive, and they are stuck in an era pre-internet with desktop computers as their paradigm.
- We are building a browser-based collaborative real-time multiplayer floor plan editor in order to democratize architectural design and empower designers to create more efficient spaces and buildings.
Who are we?
- We are a small team of people passionate about web technology, architecture and the built environment. First and foremost, we love building amazing tools for creators.
- Rayon was co-founded in October 2021 by Bastien Dolla, an engineer (Polytechnique & Ponts et chaussées) with 15 years of experience in tech and real estate, and Stanislas Chaillou, an engineer and an architect (EPFL & Harvard) with a background in ML research applied to architecture. Both have published research papers on AI algorithms applied to architectural design (for example here, here, and here) and have already been co-founders or early employees of previous high-growth startups at the crossroads of tech and real estate (habx.com, spacemakerai.com).
- Rayon is backed by world-class Investors (Seedcamp, 20VC, Foundamental, Kima) and amazing business Angels such as Ralph Gootee, co-founder of plangrid (acq. by Autodesk), Joe Thomas co-founder and CEO of Loom , Thibaud Elziere founder of eFounders, Nicolas Steegmann co-founder of Stupeflix, Riggs Kubiak founder of Honest buildings (acq. Procore), Jonathan Widawski founder & CEO of Maze.
- Rayon is a French company based in Paris. We are open to remote positions in time zones close to European Central Time. You would be one of the first employees of the company.
What you will be doing
As a Senior Product Designer, you will:
- Own and craft the UX and UI of our offering. As an extensive user-friendly design tool, your work will be quintessential to delivering Rayon values to our users.
- Work on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals.
- Work closely with the rest of the product team and the engineering team to contribute to the development of Rayon’s web application.
- Contribute to overall strategy and decision-making about product direction.
What are we looking for?
💡 These points are here to give you an idea of what we think would be a good fit for the job. They are not hard requirements. If you do not fit them perfectly but feel like you would do the job well, do not hesitate to contact us!
- First and foremost, a passion for creating tools for creators with the highest quality and performance.
- Strong design skills.
- Love for ergonomics, for simple yet efficient interface design, for user-centric experience, and design systems. An interest in software design is a plus!
- The ability and the desire to continually learn new things and improve.
- At least 4+ years of experience in product design. A strong portfolio is definitely a plus. Some experience crafting design tools also (but not mandatory).
- Interest or past experience with architectural or interior design projects is a bonus.
Why should you join Rayon?
- Help create a product that has the potential to profoundly change for the best how our built environment is designed, and that can help spread architectural knowledge throughout the world.
- Be part of a small team of passionate members whose culture puts the highest value on design and engineering craftsmanship.
- Define and craft the design logic of the next generation of design tools.
- Competitive compensation and significant equity upside as one of Rayon's first team members.