Kharon is a highly disruptive and incredibly innovative organization that navigates risk at the intersection of global security threats + international commerce.
What does that mean? Great question.
Operating at the nexus of global security, Kharon is on a mission to revolutionize the current landscape. We take really complex data as it relates to global security and empower our clients to not only understand the risk associated with their potential business relationships but to operationalize that data so that they can make the best and most informed decisions possible. From financial crimes and sanctions to export controls and threat identifications, our tools optimize protection against the types of risks that could otherwise be incredibly dangerous and excessively costly to any business. Serving many of today’s leading global financial and multinational institutions, Kharon products are the most powerful in the space with a precision and depth that is absolutely unparalleled.
When you look at any major global crisis event, we’re providing intelligence that’s at the heart of those circumstances. We connect the dots in a way that’s meaningful. Now, we’re experiencing unprecedented growth. As the world continues to evolve in complexity, so too does the demand for our products. Given the significance of our work and the increasing global reliance on our insights, we are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join us as we work to shape the way businesses perceive and navigate global risks.
As Kharon’s first Sr. Product Designer, you will be the driving force behind the imaginative evolution and continuous innovation of our flagship data visualization platform, Clearview. This is a tool that stands at the forefront of global crises, influencing the decisions made in boardrooms, worldwide. Weaving narratives that meld user aspirations with Kharon's business objectives, your role will be to craft and establish the design systems, guidelines, and standards that will ensure a consistent and cohesive visual language across all of our product offerings.
Working closely with our product and engineering teams, you will continuously monitor and identify points of friction, as revealed by user interactions, and develop solutions for continuous optimization of their experiences. Leading design reviews and UX vision discussions, you will create wireframes, design prototypes, establish goals, and define user requirements, resulting in high-fidelity designs that effectively communicate the functionality and features of our applications.
- Conduct user research and ideation, create wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes, and deliver designs that effectively communicate the functionality and features of the various Kharon products.
- Monitor and evaluate user feedback and metrics to identify areas for improvement and optimize the user experience.
- Conduct design reviews and UX vision discussions to ensure that design decisions are aligned with user needs and business objectives.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders, to define user requirements, establish design goals, and ensure successful implementation of designs.
- Apply user-centered design principles and best practices to create intuitive and engaging user interfaces that are accessible to a wide range of users.
- Develop design systems, guidelines, and standards that ensure a consistent and cohesive visual language across all Kharon product offerings.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ years experience in product design, supporting a SaaS product(s), exhibiting a focus on UI/UX.
- Proficiency in design tools like Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc..
- Portfolio that showcases your range amongst digital products and demonstrates your experience designing narratives with information and data.
- your strong understanding of design principles and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with prototyping tools such as InVision, Framer, or Principle.
To the right person, this will be the perfect kind of challenge. Our mission is compelling, our product is powerful and we’re growing at a rate that makes us unstoppable. If you’re looking to be surrounded by people who will inspire you to think and challenge you to grow then look no further! Our team is made up of some of the most visionary and uncompromising individuals you will ever meet. We don’t take ourselves seriously but we’re serious about the work we do and there is absolutely no slowing us down.
To keep that momentum going, we do our very best to make sure that each and every team member is completely taken care of. From generous time off and fully paid medical plans to daily catered lunches and full-loaded break rooms, we’re nothing without our people so we provide benefits and perks that reflect that. You can expect:
- Fully sponsored medical benefits through Blue Shield and Kaiser, with an option to elect for vision and dental.
- Traditional 401k + ROTH IRA plans with no enrollment waiting period.
- Paid time off + 11 paid holidays annually
- Catered lunches and fully-stocked break rooms
- Company sponsored outings including sporting events, happy hours, and team-wide get togethers.