Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 20 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Miami, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan. Even though this role is listed in San Francisco, we are remote friendly and believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the Team
The Experience team at Okcoin is a global group of multidisciplinary creatives, designers, technologists and writers that believe in blending the best of visual and experience design to create delightful products for our customers. Product Design is a strategic, user-centric, and data-informed function within the Experience team. We value craft and intuitive interaction to solve complex design problems — balancing customer needs and business objectives.
About the Opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to help set the company’s strategic design direction and brand by defining and articulating our goals through a design lens into our products. You will drive the vision, strategy, and execution of Product Design. Reporting to the Head of Design, you will be responsible for building and leading a group of product designers to execute our strategic roadmap and level up our global products. You will work collaboratively with peers in Product and Engineering to foster a data and research-driven design culture across the company. The ideal candidate will have successfully led a design team in a previous role, shipped a complex global product to a large user base, and fostered a spirit of learning and teamwork amongst their peers.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Set the vision of our products with a team of talented product designers
- Foster an environment for creativity and growth, and eliminate roadblocks for your team
- Empower designers to grow and develop their own influence within the team and organization
- Focus on practices for recruiting and retaining top talent, manage performance, and provide ongoing coaching
- Provide guidance and feedback for you team’s in-flight design work to ensure your team delivers exemplary work consistent with the product and experience strategy
- Inspire and support your team of designers in creating industry-changing, customer-centric solutions that boldly push the envelope of what technology can do
- Work with a diverse group of designers representing different disciplines, skills, backgrounds, and specialties. Partner with Product Design Leadership to onboard new team members so they can quickly gain confidence to independently own their work Strategically influence product roadmaps by partnering with cross-functional team members Solve problems quickly, establish new frameworks, think on your feet, and see synergies before others do. You can generalize both problems and solutions Manage and advocate for balance between consumer needs and internal business needs
What We Look For In You:
- 7+ years experience as a product or content designer
- 2+ years experience in people management, with a proven track record of sourcing and growing talent within an organization
- A portfolio that demonstrates strategic business thinking, ambitious creative solutions, and cross-platform brand consistency
- success designing and shipping high-quality, impactful, end-to-end experiences as a design lead and/or manager
- You have the ability to recognize great design work and inspire others to achieve higher levels of excellence
- Excellent leadership, project management, and people management skills, and proven ability to mentor and develop junior designers
- Proven success shaping design processes and environments to empower individual contributors to do their best work
- The ability to mentor and foster the talent and skill sets of a team of designers. This includes magnifying individual strengths, while also coaching for areas of improvement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing executives and evangelizing to stakeholders
Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor's degree in Design, HCI, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience designing for Fintech, Investment platforms, or Crypto Expérience working with global teams across offices and timezones
- A desire to mentor cross-functional peers and evangelize for great design
- Fluent in Mandarin
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible PTO policy, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- UberEats Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!