In today's digital world, finding genuine relationships is tougher than ever. At Hinge, we’re on a mission to inspire intimate connection to create a less lonely world. We’re obsessed with understanding our users’ behaviors to help them find love, and our success is defined by one simple metric– setting up great dates. With tens of millions of users across the globe, we’ve become the most trusted way to find a relationship, for all.
About the Role
Hinge is hiring a Lead Product Designer on the Core Experience team. You will be empowered to drive initiatives on end-to-end design projects including influencing the strategy, getting alignment on design objectives and priorities with key stakeholders. The Core Experience Product Group is tasked with building an intentional dating experience for all users by creating ways to improve compatibility, engage in meaningful conversations, and form deep connections that ultimately lead to great dates.
Design at Hinge is part of the Product team; you will join a close-knit group of designers and work closely with Research, Product Managers, Data Science, Business Intelligence, Brand, Community, and Engineering to craft innovative experiences combined with best-in-class practices in this space. As a key member of this team, you’ll report into the VP of Design.
As designers at Hinge, we aspire to craft elegant experiences through intuitive and beautiful interfaces. We measure success not only by metrics, but by the fulfillment of the promise we make to our users: deletion.
- Lead design strategy and end-to-end execution on various projects.
- Owning an entire product space or working on large projects that encompass multiple broad/undefined features.
- Thinking big, innovating and driving execution on cross-team projects or a domain area.
- Take ownership and work independently on a few projects at a time across multiple areas of the app.
- Design incredibly polished work that represents the Hinge brand and product experience through visual comps, wireframes, flows, prototypes, and presentations.
- Crafting, facilitating and leading brainstorms, workshops and design sprints.
- Rapidly iterate and refine design concepts－from initial briefing through final delivery.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional partners to identify key design hypotheses and prioritize projects in the short and long term.
- Communicate design decisions in compelling and creative ways; bridge alignment across Hinge teams through high-fidelity prototypes and live presentations to cross-functional partners.
- Test, learn, and iterate on everything you do alongside your product, research and data science peers.
- Be comfortable exploring the unknown using fresh and unique approaches to design problems.
- Mentoring and providing helpful feedback to fellow designers and interns to up-level their craft and skills.
- Engage in and inspire honest and clear communication, promoting a culture of care, empathy, and respect.
- 8+ years of product design, UI/UX design, visual design, or equivalent experience including 3-4 years in a consumer-facing product design role in the mobile space (iOS and android).
- A bachelor’s degree or any combination of education, training, and experience in design, human-computer interaction, or a related field.
- Portfolio that demonstrates evidence of launching software at scale in a fast-paced product organization across multiple markets.
- You are highly motivated to learn new things about complex technology, cultural and demographic nuances, and their impact on various user experiences.
- Ability to work independently to explore concepts from beginning to end, yet also crave healthy feedback loops with your ideas.
- Ability to communicate a vision for the work in a way others can relate to and buy into.
- Deep organization and execution skills, especially in collaboration with multiple stakeholders, articulating high-level team goals and connecting your work to larger team or company initiatives.
- Outstanding attention to detail with a proven track record of working within and contributing to a design system.
- Experience with Machine Learning and AI is highly desirable.
- Experience working with user research and data.
- Strong skills in UX/UI, interaction design, visual design. Illustration and motion are highly desirable.
- Proficient in Figma, including high-fidelity prototyping.
- Passionate and curious about how design can be leveraged to improve users’ ability to find and maintain romantic connections.
What is Not Required
- You do not have to have an advanced degree to apply; we are open to equivalent practical experiences.
- You do not have to be an expert in algorithmic, AI or machine-learning methodologies to apply. Expertise in design craft and product thinking, desire to create solutions that fundamentally change behavior and solve problems, and motivation to continue growing is what we are looking for.