CrossFit is the world’s leading platform to improve health, happiness, and performance. In the 20 years since its founding, CrossFit® has grown from a garage gym in Santa Cruz, California, into the world’s leading health and fitness brand. CrossFit is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for everyone, and millions of people have already experienced CrossFit’s transformational benefits through workouts in more than 14,000 affiliated gyms across 158 countries.
CrossFit is looking for a Product Designer to help craft the UI and interaction design for current and future digital products that will better serve our athletes’ goals, coaching experiences, and affiliate businesses. The system will scale across a platform that spans mobile and web properties and will be used by millions in the global CrossFit community.
- Help the design team to drive a user-focused and data-supported design process for projects within our digital suite of products
- Contribute to the design culture at CrossFit and help advocate for our users as you identify and solve problems.
- Ground your designs in a strong, positive user experience that is supported by data (when applicable) and enables both users and the business to meet their goals
- Iteratively lead the UI design process, ranging from low-fidelity wireframes to final high-fidelity, development-ready designs
- Prototype interactions to facilitate user testing, gather stakeholder buy-in, and illustrate animations and interaction for our engineering team.
- Clearly communicate and document designs to be shared with our engineering team. Work closely with front-end developers to ensure designs are properly implemented and adapt if changes are required.
- Creatively apply existing elements and thoughtfully contribute new components to the CrossFit design system.
- Collaborate with internal Product stakeholders as well as additional team members across the organization to turn ideas and feedback into a beautiful and meaningful experience.
- Build an appropriate understanding of the problem and immerse yourself in the various aspects of the CrossFit experience
- Treat others with respect, relentlessly seek to deliver the best outcomes for our users, ask questions, and place a strong value on humility
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL:
- Strong visual design background, including great use of typography, layout, UI elements, brand elements, and iconography
- Skilled in taking complex, existing experiences and distilling them to their core elements to produce intuitive and delightful experiences
- Experience contributing to and improving design systems
- Strong proficiency in Figma, including knowledge of design systems, styles, components, variants, and other Figma constructs
- Capable of taking abstract requirements, identifying the core user problem, and presenting a viable and inspiring solution
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 2+ years of experience in a product design or related role (UX designer, UI designer, etc.)
- Bonus: experience in the CrossFit space, either as a member, athlete, or coach. Familiarity with elements of CrossFit such as the CrossFit Games, affiliate gyms, or general training methodology
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Rich Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Unlimited Paid Time Off––empowering you to unplug whenever and however you need to
- Flexible spending account and 401(k) with employer matching at 5%
- CrossFit Gym Membership Reimbursement
- CrossFit Courses Benefit
- Partnership Perks