About Rewind AI
What if we could use technology to augment our memory the same way a hearing aid can augment our hearing? This question is why we founded Rewind. Our vision is to give humans perfect memory. We are building the search engine for your life.
Why Rewind 👀
Working at Rewind will be the most impactful job of your life. Our team is small and everyone plays a huge role. The work you’ll do will have tremendous impact on not just our company, but how the world works: making forgetting a thing of the past.
With this audacious goal comes a lot of company growth. And as the company grows, so will you. We will support you in building a career that energizes and fulfills you: giving you opportunities so that you can do the best work of your career. But don't just take our word for it, look at our track record. Our founding team has previously built Optimizely: a $120M annual revenue recurring business with 450 employees which was voted the #1 Best Place to Work.
- Health insurance: best-in-class healthcare for employees and dependents. Includes vision and dental
- Top-of-market compensation: we strive to offer top-of-market salary and equity
- Unlimited vacation: we want you to take the time you need to rest and relax
- Employee-friendly equity terms: we offer an extended exercise window and early exercise for any options offered
- Remote first: we have team members all over the U.S. and everyone is treated equally regardless of location
- 401(k) plan: for US employees we offer a 401(k) plan with company matching
- Office reimbursement: prefer working from an office? We provide a WeWork membership or reimbursement
- Parental leave: we offer all parents 12 weeks of paid time off to spend time with their new family
- Quarterly retreats: we have offsites quarterly to bring everyone together. Past retreats include Seattle, Breckenridge, Calistoga & Mexico
- Choose your gear: we equip everyone with a new top-of-the-line Apple laptop with all the upgrades
Why we need you ✨
- We are building the next generation of software only made possible by recent developments in Apple Silicon. We need someone with a deep understanding of low-level optimization who will ensure that Rewind works with the system as efficiently as possible.
What will be your responsibilities 📓
- Optimizing Rewind's system performance (with respect to CPU, memory, and energy usage)
- Owning, advocating, and championing for performance within Rewind
What will help you be successful 👏
- Extensive experience optimizing low level processes for efficiency and throughput (background/daemon processing, video encoding, hardware acceleration, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of tools and techniques for analyzing application performance
- Experience in a fast-pace engineering organization
- Experience with Swift/Xcode/Apple
Internally we aren't fixated on titles & levels since that can lead to needless hierarchy that distracts from the team's collective success. We recognize that not all companies operate that way so we say "Senior / Staff / Principal" to indicate we want people with substantial amounts of experience.
If you're interested in this job, we strongly encourage you to apply: we'd love to see you on our team working toward our audacious vision of giving humans perfect memory.