GoodNotes was created from our founder's frustration of taking readable and reusable handwritten notes on his first iPad. We have since grown to millions of happy users. We are just getting started. Join us to reimagine what productivity suite will look like with digital pen and paper.
Dream big — Be visionary, strategic, and open to innovation
Build great things — Work in service of our users, always improving and pushing higher
Take ownership — Take responsibility with bold decision-making and bias for action
Win like a sports team — Be trusting and collaborative while empowering others
Learn and grow fast — Never stop learning and iterate fast
Share our passion — Share ideas and practice enthusiasm and joy
We want to make study and work more efficient and enjoyable, by providing the best digital paper solution possible. We plan to be the go-to tool for all forms of notes.
Build great things
Win like a sports team
Learn and grow fast
Share our passion
About the team:
GoodNotes is building the best CrossPlatform Text Editing experience possible and we are seeking an experienced Engineer to provide, technical hands-on leadership.
Reporting into the VP of Engineering, The Tech Lead will sit within the Typing Experience Product Team, made up of both XP and iOS Engineers.
We are looking for an expert Engineer that has a wealth of experience in building a WYSIWYG web editor, to help bring our iOS typing experience seamlessly on to PWA app as well.
This is a challenging project to work on, as GoodNotes would like to design a Text Editing Experience that
- has the same UX and high UI fidelity between iOS and PWA app.
- supports responsive real time collaboration,
- supports Rich Text Editing and the rich features that come with it
About the role:
This is the role for you, if you’re excited to work on the things listed below:
- Advising on architecture and approach to bring the iOS typing experience to PWA.
- Work & lead team members to prototype & validate the approach, and then implement the solution.
- Help further expand the team in the future as typing experience is one of the focused feature expansion
The skills you will need to be successful in the above:
- Passionate and enjoy taking deep technical challenges.
- Bonus: have experience in building an editor across different platforms.
- Bonus: has experience in Swift/iOS.
Even if you don’t meet all the criteria listed above, we would still love to hear from you! GoodNotes places a lot of value on learning and development and will support your growth if needed.
The interview process:
- An introductory call with someone from our talent acquisition team. They want to hear more about your background, what you are looking for, and why you’d like to join GoodNotes
- A technical screening call with one of our engineers. We will ask questions around web editing, typing/ XP experience. A chance for you to ask any engineering questions you may have
- Live coding assessment. To ensure you have the necessary skills
- A call with the hiring manager. To understand how you work and whether you demonstrate our values
- CEO/ Founder interview
What’s in it for you:
- Meaningful equity in a profitable tech-startup
- Budget for things like noise cancelling headphones, setting up your home office, personal development, professional training, and health & wellness
- Sponsored visits to our Hong Kong or London office every 2 years
- Company wide annual offsite
- Flexible working hours and location
- Medical insurance for you and your dependents