Webflow is the leading visual development platform for building powerful websites without writing code. By combining modern web development technologies into one platform, Webflow enables people to build websites visually, saving engineering time, while clean code seamlessly generates in the background. From independent designers and creative agencies to Fortune 500 companies, millions worldwide use Webflow to be more nimble, creative, and collaborative. It’s the web, made better.
Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers everyone to create incredible experiences for the web — without writing any code.
We’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our Activation team, responsible for helping more people succeed with Webflow and become customers. You will help us build engineering projects that impact new user onboarding, in-product education, lifecycle campaigns, and experimentation. Everything you work on will have a direct and measurable impact on Webflow’s business metrics and trajectory.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ, US Remote, or ON/BC, Canada
- Our cash compensation amount for this role ranges from $151,000 - $208,000 for most US locations and $168,000 - $231,000 for US locations with a higher cost of labor. All figures cited above are in $USD and pertain to workers located in the United States. Pay is based on several factors including market location, and may vary depending on job related experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills.
As a Staff Frontend Engineer, you will:
- Write performant and accessible UI components (React) that power visual design experiences and websites (check out CSS Grid, E-commerce, Interactions, and more!)
- Set up A/B tests and experiments to learn how we can iteratively improve the user experience over time
- Develop a deep understanding of our architecture and codebase while also learning about our product and the customers that use it
- Collaborate with software engineers, product managers, designers and QA analysts in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Build and maintain unit and integration tests (Mocha, Jest, Cypress)
- Mentor other engineers on best practices, code design considerations, and quality
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
You’ll thrive in this role if you:
- Have 7 -10+ years of experience in scalable, multi-tenant environments that drive rich front-end experiences.
- Have 2+ years experience in tech leading teams, including helping scope and breakdown work.
- Have developed a scalable SaaS product or service that builds customer trust through accessible and reliable user experiences
- Value testing and documentation as much as you do code
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and scoping solutions with your teammates
- Have consistently communicated trade offs throughout a project to meet both technical and business requirements
- Believe the best product is the one that helps users accomplish their goals while growing the business
- Get excited about encouraging and developing earlier-career engineers
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.