Gather helps distributed teams build digital spaces that bring everyone together.
Whether collaborating in meetings, co-working with colleagues, or stopping by someone's digital desk, connecting with your team becomes energizing. High bandwidth work and culture creation happen no matter where your team members are.
The mission of Gather is to eliminate the physical barriers to opportunity and connection.
As a Senior Web Rendering Engineer within the Product Platform team, you will be responsible for working on the architectural design and implementation of our web rendering engine and related systems. This includes the rendering engine used for our web, desktop, and mobile applications.
Rendering Engineers here at Gather are responsible for writing highly performant code, implementing new graphics features, and creating rendering abstractions that enable our teams to easily create fun, creative, and engaging experiences.
Help us create a marketplace for virtual worlds and free Gather from the browser!
Where you will make an impact:
- Architect, refactor, and maintain rendering engine features, tools, and related systems
- Profile rendering systems to improve the performance and stability of the rendering pipeline
- Create rendering abstractions that will enable our engineering teams to easily implement new graphics and game features
- Advocate for investing in new rendering techniques, features, and technologies
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and engineers to scope out features and product directions
- Enable more powerful tools and games to be used within Gather
- Write maintainable, clear, well-architected code, tests, and documentation
- Participate in code reviews and design reviews to ensure quality and good architecture
What you bring:
- Experience with web-based rendering: Phaser, WebGL, and Unity
- Intrinsic motivation and the drive to solve difficult problems without guidance
- A keen intuition for well-designed software and writing performant, scalable code
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize in a chaotic and ambiguous environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with Typescript, React, and Redux is a plus
US Salary Range
At Gather, compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $144,000 - $193,500 annually and we encourage candidates outside of this salary range to apply.
Base pay is one part of the total package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for a stock reward program.