At Craft we are on a mission at re-defining productivity through software. We believe current solutions are outdated, and bloated. We are building products which are fun - and effortless to use. Software which blends in the background, allowing individuals to focus on their tasks at hand - as it should be.
This sounds easier than it is - as to achieve this one has to excel in every area of engineering & product design - from blazing fast performance, polished interactions, low energy usage & real-time, offline first sync - it’s not an easy task to achieve.
We’re looking for individuals who share this vision - and are willing to go the extra mile in order to achieve this.
At Craft we are on a mission at re-defining productivity through software. We believe current solutions are outdated, and bloated. We are building products which are fun - and effortless to use. Software which blends in the background, allowing individuals to focus on their tasks at hand - as it should be. This sounds easier than it is - as to achieve this, one has to excel in every area of engineering & product design - from blazing fast performance, polished interactions, low energy usage & real-time, offline first sync - it’s not an easy task to achieve.
We’re looking for individuals who share this vision - and are willing to go the extra mile in order to achieve this. Moving across Swift / C++ for the right performance shouldn’t scare you - neither should ignoring SwiftUI / Auto-layout in favor for Core Graphics where there’s just no other way to squeeze in 60 or 120fps.
About the role
We are looking to expand our talented engineering team with an iOS / macOS Product Engineer at staff level or higher. We're looking for engineers who understand that the true value they bring is through the power they can unlock for our users, and that product development means more than fancy algorithms and clever libraries. We're looking for an engineer who thinks like a product manager, has the eye for detail of a designer, and is a brilliant coder. You'll be working as part of a small team on the iOS and macOS build of Craft. This is the team that built the product awarded 'Mac App of the Year 2021' and nominated to ‘Design Award’ by Apple in the same year. The team is humble, and curious, and are looking for similar traits in engineers who join the team - We want engineers who understand that it's ok to 'not know', and who realise the power of asking 'why'.
What we're looking for
We are looking for individuals who want to be at the cutting edge of iOS / macOS Engineering. Who understands that building great software is not about architecting a perfect solution from scratch each time but about frequent and constant iteration to squeeze the 1% performance gains each time, 100 times.
- Willingness to go deep - You'll constantly need to go deep in Apple SDKs, uncover hidden gems, or make a faster / better version of what's available.
- Ability to ship - Shipping is a feature. While we do lots of prototypes and research, you should be able to move to shippable code at any given time quickly.
- Product focused - Technology and architectures can be pretty impressive. Still, we should always strive to keep the user experience at the forefront, as true beauty lies in people enjoying and using the software we create.
- Pragmatic - We are laser-focused on shipping our product because we love bringing continued value to our users. We are not shying away from taking shortcuts, or cutting scope, to be able to ship our product.
- Humble - You understand the importance of asking why, of understanding decisions made previously, and you know there are always many ways to solve a problem. You're humble enough to know that the way you would pick might not always be the course others take.
- Curious & Team player - You're interested in learning the insights of other fellow team members and are an effective communicator and collaborator. While we write code individually, we succeed together.
- Always learning - Just as improving our product is a never-ending process, so is enhancing our capabilities and competencies. You should always be seeking to learn something new - and teach something to your team members.
What we offer
- A great culture, a hard-working & strongly driven team, where you have the psychological safety to dare to do things, thrive and grow yourself
- Real ownership and actual impact
- Awesome team building events (2 adventurous off-sites / year, and frequent smaller events like picnics, game nights, Halloween party, Family Days, Brunches, etc.) - for more details click here and here.
- Superb, modern office in the heart of Budapest
- Stock options - so you can get the chance to be an owner at Craft
- Learning and career opportunities on the long run
How we work
- We are biased towards honesty, and have very quick feedback loops. But we know everyone has ups, downs and challenges. First of all, we are human.
- We have weekly company presentations, and frequent all hands. Changes, and even challenges are communicated transparently - be it product or people related.
- We constantly experiment. There is no shame in changing direction if it improves the product.
- We are constantly going forward. We ship amazing updates every 2 weeks, which takes other companies months or even years to build.
We encourage you to apply even if you don't check every box in the requirements as we're always looking for hire to potential and the right values combined with the right mindset. So, if all the above speaks to you, we should talk! :)