At Improbable, we believe that the next revolution in entertainment and society will come from massive virtual worlds. They will create new economies and opportunities globally, changing not just how we play, but how we work and relate to each other. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to build the next generation of technologies for online multi-user games and simulations. As part of that, we are launching a series of ground breaking titles to players around the world.
Our metaverse group helps our partners realise their metaverse ambitions. The team’s expertise encompasses creative (concept and design), production (art and content), engineering (game development and Web3) and operations (dev and live).
At Improbable, you’ll collaborate with some of the best in the industry. Together, you’ll create unique, tailored experiences that stretch the boundaries of what’s possible in digital spaces and virtual worlds – and help define what the metaverse can be.
- Creation of software processes and pipelines - developing tested and production ready code
- Lead by example with a high degree of discipline following software engineering processes
- Translating high level requirements into actionable plans and solutions
- Own a feature from planning, through system design, implementation and operation
- Own a discrete area of the system and execute on it with a high degree of quality and autonomy
- Mentor more junior engineers
- Continuously improve the way of working and systems
Why You're Made For This:
- Experience building backend services and API’s - preferably with Typescript, but other languages like C#, Java, Go, etc are also welcome
- Experience building and operating cloud infrastructure with cloud providers like GCP, AWS or Azure
- Experience to build and maintain Infrastructure-as-Code, CI/CD pipelines, Observability
- Able to architect systems that consider the perspective of the wider team allowing us to limit blast radius and scale systems/operations
- Able to work independently and autonomously
- Good communication skills with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
- Passion for product based development, transforming ambiguous needs into concrete and impactful technical solutions that deliver customer value and have impact in the metaverse industry