Skillshare is an online learning community with thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, on topics including illustration, design, photography, video, freelancing, and more. On Skillshare, millions of members come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey.
Are you looking for a holistic learning solution for your entire organization? Learn about Skillshare for Teams: https://teams.skillshare.com/
Want to work at Skillshare? Our collaborative culture goes far beyond our online community. It’s a real part of the humans-first way we work as a team. We believe the work we do makes a difference in the lives of our members, and our mission extends to ensuring our own team members live balanced, fulfilling lives. That means different things for everyone, but it begins with a workplace that embraces modern flexibility, inclusivity and transparency. See our career opportunities: https://jobs.lever.co/skillshare
Skillshare is a mission-driven technology startup that has built an online learning community where millions come together to take the next step in their creative journey. We want our community to get inspired, learn new skills, and work in ways they care about so that living a creative life is possible for everyone.
As a Senior Mobile Engineer, you will help build our native applications which provide our users with immersive learning across multiple platforms. In this role, you will help support both Skillshare’s iOS and Android applications.
You’ll be joining a fast-paced team that is passionate about technology, building products and upholding a collaborative team culture. We’re excited to meet you!
What You’ll Do
- Manage the app release process, participate in regression testing, monitoring stability metrics, and helping to maintain the CI pipeline.
- Maintain a fluid user experience on our mobile apps through the use of analytics, logs and crash reports (Sentry, Datadog, Firebase).
- Work with the product manager and product designer to translate complex technical and functional requirements into detailed architecture and design to shape exceptional iOS and Android experiences.
- Collaborate with backend engineers to architect mobile-ready systems.
- Help prioritize technical and product initiatives within the mobile team roadmap as well as create project rollout plans.
- Participate in daily stand-ups, weekly team meetings, sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives.
- Collaborate with your fellow mobile engineers to ship code following best practices of readability, testing patterns, documentation, and performance.
Why We’re Excited About You
- You have 4+ years of native mobile development experience.
- You have a proven history of releasing production iOS applications through the App Store.
- You’re very comfortable in both iOS and Android development environments.
- You have experience with industry-standard tools and libraries (GraphQL ,UIKit, AVFoundation, SwiftUI, Generics).
- You understand mobile industry standards in architecture (MVVM) , code quality, testing (TDD) and technical documentation.
- You're a natural collaborator – you work seamlessly within and between teams.
- You're self sufficient and motivated by full ownership of your work. You have a mind for product and are passionate about the user, and eager to help our organization grow to meet their needs.
Why You're Excited About Us
- Our team: We have a passionate, creative, and innovative team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Remote Culture: A healthy, productive working environment means different things for different people. We optimize for trust and invest in supporting remote teams, offer home office stipends for those that work best in their own space and co-working spaces for those that thrive in a social office environment, and focus on transparent communication to ensure an inclusive, equitable work environment for everyone.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, offer home office stipends and co-working spaces in multiple cities, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
- Impact: You’ll have the chance to directly impact the user experience around how students learn and how teachers create and share content on Skillshare.
- Your growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Benefits: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. We support our team with unlimited PTO, gender-neutral parental leave, anniversary sabbaticals, and generous stipends for creativity, learning, and personal wellness.