Farcaster is a sufficiently decentralized social network. It is an open protocol that can support many clients, just like email.
Users will always have the freedom to move their social identity between applications, and developers will always have the freedom to build applications with new features on the network.
It is currently in private beta.
📡 Staff+ Distributed Systems Engineer
We’re hiring an engineer to work full-time on the Farcaster Protocol. You’ll be working on open source projects like the Hubs or the Contracts, building the infrastructure that powers Farcaster. Here’s a concrete example of something you might work on.
- 6+ years of experience writing production software.
- 3+ years of experience solving complex distributed systems problems.
- Live between GMT-8 and GMT-5 (North American timezones)
Nice to Haves:
- Public contributions to open source projects
- Experience with Typescript and Rust
If you’re interested, send us an email with a link to your GitHub / LinkedIn / personal website.
Also more info from Dan Romero (Farcaster Founder) on twitter.