Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC, English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test, and even Math.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
As a Senior Software Engineer, AI Platform you will be the technical lead for the new AI Platform team, which will own the platform underlying Duolingo's AI-powered features, such as learning personalization, notifications, and grammar feedback.
The AI Platform team will build new infrastructure enabling our AI researchers and engineers to push the limits of what's possible, and to ship more robust AI projects in less time.
You will work with AI teams across Duolingo to understand the needs for AI infrastructure and build solutions that benefit AI researchers and engineers working on a wide range of projects.
- Create a vision and roadmap for the AI infrastructure used across Duolingo.
- Shape key decisions about architecture and implementation of scalable and cost-effective engineering.
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects.
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and technical innovation.
- Technical experience in infrastructure and operations for machine learning: including deep experience in technologies for ML model serving, ML model training, feature stores, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical lead experience, leading large-scale projects.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- Extensive experience in fast-growing, consumer-facing, data-driven companies, ideally mobile app based.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or a related field.
We invest in and support our Duos! This role is eligible for a robust compensation package of base salary, equity, and Duolingo’s world-class benefits. The starting base salary range for this role is, $148,800 - $274,600. Actual salary may vary based on level, work experience, performance, and other factors evaluated during the hiring process