Kustomer is the industry leading conversational CRM platform perfecting every customer experience. Built with intelligent tools such as AI and Automation, no code-configuration and a connected data platform that unifies data from multiple sources through a single timeline, Kustomer empowers businesses to operate with greater efficiency and deliver more personalized service to customers across any channel, making every interaction more meaningful and memorable. Today, Kustomer is the core platform for some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Glovo, Glossier and Sweetgreen.
As a Full-stack AI engineer, you’ll be collaborating with cross-functional teams to make our features smarter by being data-driven. This role comes with a high level of autonomy to discover opportunities to build generative AI system integrations for the platform. This role sits on our Foundation team - this team’s responsibilities encompasses the core platform, critical back-end systems, cloud infrastructure, observability metrics, and alerting. We believe in ownership and are looking for people driven to continuously ship new, impactful features and capabilities for our users.
What You’ll Do:
- Build AI-based products and features that directly impact customers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and other engineers, to understand project requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Develop APIs and integrate with external services and databases, ensuring data integrity and security.
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code following best practices and coding standards.
- Optimize application performance by implementing caching mechanisms, efficient algorithms, and database indexing.
- Monitor and troubleshoot production issues, providing timely resolutions and proactive bug fixes.
- Stay up to date with the latest industry trends, tools, and technologies related to AI and propose improvements to the development process.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles, design patterns, and best practices for building scalable and maintainable code.
- Experience building applications and features using LLM APIs.
- Experience with RESTful API development, integrating with external services and databases.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms, such as AWS or Azure.
- Familiarity with version control systems, such as Git, and collaborative development workflows.
- Familiarity with agents, langchain, vector databases, embeddings, etc.
- Ability to diagnose and debug complex issues, optimize application performance, and identify areas for improvement.
Nice To Have:
- You have Github activity showing thoughtful, relevant contributions
- Strong proficiency in AWS services such as EC2, S3, Lambda, API Gateway, Glue, Athena.
- Strong understanding of data modeling and ETL processes.
- Familiarity with machine learning.
- Familiarity with privacy and security risks in AI.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and working in an agile team environment.
- Familiarity with Terraform and managing AI infrastructure.