Back in 2010, there were no tools made just for UI designers. Creating apps, websites and pixel-perfect icons meant working with software that wasn’t built for this kind of digital craft. And that frustration is where Sketch started.
Today, we’re still building the best editor for the Mac, along with web-based tools for collaboration, feedback and handoff — bringing developers, project managers and clients into the design process.
As Sketch continues to evolve, we want to make creating great designs even more intuitive. And as we grow, we’ll continue to do it in the only way we know how — building thoughtful features, solving real problems, and helping everyone design incredible things.
What you'll do
Working within the Content team, you’ll be helping our audience learn about design and show them how Sketch can help them thrive in their design journey. Your role will primarily involve creating written content — so excellent English and writing experience is a must. If you have skills to create videos or even create sample projects in Sketch, you’ll be able to do this, too.
On a typical day, you will:
- Create content to support product features, including blog posts and tutorials. You'll work closely with our Product Teams to understand different design concepts and processes, then turn that understanding into educational content.
- Write design/industry focused blog posts and other types of content that drives traffic to the website.
- Use keyword research, on-page analytics and page optimisation to create content that motivates readers to sign up for a trial.
- Utilise SEO techniques to help our content rank high in search results. Work closely with our SEO agency to come up with content ideas, optimize posts and improve SEO knowledge.
- Write scripts and short lists for video tutorials and guides (if you have the skills or want to learn there’s an opportunity to create them, too).
- Work closely with other members of the marketing team to make sure messaging around features, updates updates and campaigns is consistent, accurate and impactful.
- Coordinate closely with our design team to make sure that our blog posts, guides and tutorials meet our high visual standards and are backed up with sample projects.
- Work with our Product team and UX Writer to make sure our writing both inside and outside of the product stays consistent.
- Proofread copy from other team members, offering advice on best practice, and advocating for our tone of voice and style guidelines.
- Support marketing campaigns content and help other members of the marketing team with their writing, where necessary.
What we're looking for
You’ll be an oriented, experienced writer with a love for design and plenty of examples of your writing to share with us. You don’t need to be a professional writer, but perhaps you have a personal blog on design-related topics or you’ve contributed articles to another publication. You’ll be a fast learner, eager to understand design concepts, communicate features to our audience in a clear way, and have a strong interest in SEO and analytics as tools to inform the content you create.
Writing a great article, blog post, tutorial or technical guide comes naturally to you, and you’re comfortable managing multiple projects at the same time. You'll be proactive, full of ideas and have a sharp eye for detail, especially when it comes to your own work. You’ll also be willing to experiment and work in new formats — from video tutorials to webinars — whether you have prior experience with them or not.
Our team works remotely, so you will need to have excellent grasp written English, great communication skills and be comfortable working in a remote position.
- 2+ years in a writing, communications or design-related role.
- A background or strong personal interest in design.
- A working knowledge of Sketch and other design software.
- An understanding of how to write for the web, email, social media and other formats.
- Able to do external and in-house research to write unique, informed, well-rounded pieces.
- Strong examples of your writing (preferably, a portfolio of published articles).
- An excellent level of written English.
- Able to work and communicate as part of a remote, but close-knit team.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with lots of other talented people.
- Able to adapt quickly to a brand voice and house style guide (and help shape it).
- You’re based in the European Union or UK
- Experience of working for an in-house marketing department or creative agency.
- Solid understanding of SEO principles and comfortable working with analytics
- Experience optimizing content for SEO and using analytics to measure impact and inform content.
- Design and/or video editing skills that you can apply to and enhance the content you create.
- Experience of writing technical guides or tutorials.
- Experience with content management systems and collaboration tools like Notion.
What we offer
- A full-time opportunity with a flexible working schedule
- An International environment and working culture
- As many vacation days as you need
- Any training you need to develop in your job
- Private healthcare and gym reimbursements
- The hardware you need
- Paid family leave
- An annual company meetup
Even if you're not able to tick all of these boxes, we would still love to hear from you.