About Horizon At Horizon, we’re building a New Dimension where Internet economies are fun, accessible, and for the benefit of all participants.
We have two amazing products to make this real:
Sequence, which consists of i) the first user-friendly smart wallet for crypto, NFTs, Web3 + the metaverse, and ii) a developer platform to make building Web3 applications easy on Ethereum and other EVM chains. And Skyweaver, a digital trading card game—powered by Sequence—where players can win, own, trade and sell their NFT game items. Sequence is poised to drive Web3 adoption on a massive scale by making blockchain easy, fun and powerful for users and developers. And, Skyweaver is a groundbreaking video game with an unprecedented player-owned economy, novel gameplay, and an already fervent community.
At Horizon, we’re building a New Dimension where Internet economies are fun, accessible, and for the benefit of all participants. We have two amazing products to make this real:
- Sequence, which consists of i) the first user-friendly smart wallet for crypto, NFTs, Web3 + the metaverse, and ii) a developer platform to make building Web3 applications easy on Ethereum and other EVM chains.
- And Skyweaver, a digital trading card game—powered by Sequence—where players can win, own, trade and sell their NFT game items. Sequence is poised to drive Web3 adoption on a massive scale by making blockchain easy, fun and powerful for users and developers. And, Skyweaver is a groundbreaking video game with an unprecedented player-owned economy, novel gameplay, and an already fervent community.
While the challenge is hard, we find it incredibly fun. And, we have the ingredients to make it happen: a well-capitalized company with some of the best investors in the world (Reddit co-founder, Coinbase, Initialized, and more), an amazing team of leaders in the blockchain space, engineers who have built widely popular open source, a former top McKinsey strategy consultant, gaming industry veterans, and founders who have built and sold successful companies. You'll get to work with and learn from them all.
About the job:
Horizon Blockchain Games is looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager (PMM) with product management experience to lead our strategies for our Sequence brand and evangelize Sequence’s value proposition and grow a loyal user base.
This individual will join the Marketing team and share responsibilities in achieving Horizon business goals in existing and new markets. You will develop marketing plans and be a key stakeholder in go-to-market plans for Sequence and other future Horizon products. As PMM, you will manage product launches and overall marketing strategy for Sequence products, and help drive all aspects of execution including market research, creation of messaging, collateral (sales aid, whitepapers, etc), web deliverables, video deliverables, email campaigns, advertising and more.
The Horizon team is made of committed and talented individuals with a passion for Ethereum, Web3, and gaming. You will report to the Director of Marketing and Chief Storyteller to plan and define our launch roadmap and the communications plan associated with it.
In this role, you will collaborate with multiple teams across the product development lifecycle to lead coordinated go-to-market planning and execution. This includes close collaboration with product management, content marketing, sales, PR, web, social/community, creative, legal, and others.
You must be passionate about Web3, innovative with analytic and problem-solving capabilities, and a compelling storyteller, with proven ability to transform complex technology concepts into simple impactful messages. This is a leadership role that requires you to be proactive and motivated with a strong drive to succeed and achieve KPIs. We are seeking someone ready to roll up their sleeves to help craft product messaging, support go-to-market initiatives, and take us to the next level with creativity, content, and strategy, all with a stellar user focus.
- You will help define product roadmaps alongside the Product/ Development Team, create the assets to communicate features and milestones, and help with messaging about product features to the public.
- You will work cross functionality - especially between the Product, Data, and Marketing teams and work closely with the CRM Manager and the Digital Content Marketing Specialist.
- You will work alongside a social media specialist, community management team, and our blockchain developers.
- Taking a user-centric approach, you will be expected to lead on conducting research: focus groups, user research, beta tests, help define personas/user profiles, tailor content and messaging, and define the right product-market fit through brand and product positioning that meets our company’s mission and business objectives.
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT, MARKETING STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT & EXECUTION, 30%
- Define the go-to-market strategy and deliver artifacts (decks, presentation, studies, plans) that improve product adoption
- Collaborate with Product Management to help shape the product roadmap, then translate the roadmap, features, and functionality to compelling customer-facing messaging & communications.
- Produce, analyze, refine and document business requirements and user stories
- Demonstrable expertise of project/product management fundamentals, producing user stories, epics and/or storyboards
- Support and execute online content marketing strategies across products
- Study and analyze other solutions from the market to propose benchmarks and optimization for the existing products
- You will own the product lifecycle for Sequence. You will discover use cases, define requirements, evaluate priorities, confirm usability, and apply feedback for continuous improvement.
LIFECYCLE MARKETING, PARTNERSHIPS / BIZ DEV SUPPORT, 20% - 25%
- Drive initiatives for product adoption, client growth, lifecycle management and support the achievement of revenue targets
- Help to define, develop, craft and implement a referral program for Sequence. With an in-depth understanding of our target audience, users and community, you will work alongside our Product team, CRM and content specialist to craft and develop the best referral program with the aim to grow our user base exponentially through clever user incentives, engagement loops, and conversion triggers
- Help with business development: as a product expert, you will work alongside our business development team to help qualify leads, learn through the sales process, and gather feedback for better product communication and content that drives leads through the sales funnel through to conversion.
- Develop value-add partnerships and collaborations for Sequence to grow our audience and user base.
- Help to lead on grass-root influencer collaborations with partners and members of the blockchain community.
COMMUNICATION, CONTENT DEVELOPMENT & EXECUTION, 20% - 25%
- Develop sales/ biz dev materials and oversee the development of demo content
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create impactful content that drives brand recognition, product awareness, lead generation and helps the BizDev team better position our product against competitors.
- Work alongside the Digital Content Marketing Specialist, manage content editorial calendar and utilize data to develop impactful product content including Product presentations, solution guides, data sheets, case studies, website content, blog posts, webinars, videos, email newsletters, etc.
- You will ensure that we deliver the right content in emails, landing pages and other digital content experiences for our customers across the globe.
- As needed, you will also brief agencies and creative partners to deliver assets and content to fulfill content needs for Sequence.
USER RESEARCH, FEEDBACK REPORTS & COMPETITIVE ANALYSES, 10% - 15%
- Competitive analyses and research for product features and positioning: research and analysis of product features of each competitor and compare it against ours and see where we can improve and differentiate.
- Generate quantitative and qualitative data to support product hypotheses;
- Obtain insights into customers’ usage of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas, through research, interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data
- Plan and perform user and buyer research to uncover insights and translate those into messaging and positioning
LEADERSHIP, PROJECT MANAGEMENT & COORDINATION, 10% - 15%
- Build positive relationships, ensuring transparency, goals, and KPIs are met
- Clearly communicate requirements to cross functional teams and business stakeholders
- Collaborate with members of the marketing and development teams to ensure alignment on communication and engagement strategy
- Be the product expert on our team
- Own and manage GTM planning and execution, content creation, demand generation and social media amplification campaigns & initiatives.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about Web3
- 5+ years of experience in a product marketing role and 3+ years in technology product marketing/management overall.
- Experience in a Product Manager role developing and analyzing user stories, epics and/or storyboards working closely with business owners, business partners and development team
- Demonstrated success in positioning and launching differentiated products that meet and exceed business objectives
- Ability to focus and prioritize ruthlessly in a very fast-paced and ambiguous environment, in order to drive the highest impact
- Experience managing and developing new product marketing programs with clear data-driven results
- Experience developing product strategy, planning and executing against strategic plansStrong writing, storytelling, and content creation skills to support sales and marketing programs
- Proactive approach and a desire to roll up your sleeves to execute and achieve targets within a dynamic growing startup
- Excellent English communication skills: verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent people skills with an ego-less approach to collaboration
- Have a strong understanding of data, metrics and analytics
- Experience with CRM and Customer Data Platforms (CDP) like Mailchimp, Blueshift, Braze, etc
- Experience with Content Management Systems and web publication toolsets
- Experience with graphic design, video screen capture and video production, a plus.
- Experience using video editing, video production, live streaming tools, a plus