The Optimism Foundation's mission is to seed and grow an ecosystem of projects and infrastructure that drives global adoption of the Optimism protocol. If you are interested in a role at the Optimism Foundation, please apply below.
We are looking for an event manager who is passionate about supporting growth, driving brand awareness, and creating great experiences for developers in the Ethereum ecosystem. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple projects, think on their feet and communicate effectively both internally and externally. We’re seeking a creative, organized and enthusiastic individual with a passion for identifying effective and unique ideas that span the needs of developers across the Ethereum ecosystem—ranging from thought leadership Twitter Spaces, Twitch streams and global developer conferences that attract Ethereum devs from all over the globe.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Plan and manage end-to-end all event logistics, including vendor and partner relationships
- Develop and promote content to support event strategy and messaging
- Work with marketing design to determine appropriate marketing materials (data sheets, infographics, brochures, case studies, etc.), promotions, staffing and follow up for each event
- Drive project schedules, adhere to budgets and oversee functions including graphic design, event planning and event management
What skills do you bring?
- You’ve managed numerous projects simultaneously, in a fast-paced, adaptable environment
- 5+ years of planning and executing marketing events—specific experience with developer focused events is a huge plus
- Able to shift gears between thinking and doing across a range of marketing activities like in-person events and remote events
- Fine-tuned budget management skills
- Ability to travel for regional events roughly ~25% of the time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills