Sorare is at the intersection of sports, gaming and NFTs. Through tradable digital cards, Sorare is designing a collective fantasy football experience where you can manage your favorite players, hone your passion to earn prizes and be part of a community. Anyone, anywhere, can connect with the game on Sorare. The company’s mission is to build “the game within the game” and to give fans, players and clubs the platform to celebrate, share and own the game.
Founded in 2018, Sorare has seen tremendous growth. The platform had a card sales volume of over $250M (€221M) since January 2021 across 160 countries. Sorare is backed by a world-class team of investors including Softbank, Benchmark, Accel Partners, footballers such as Gerard Piqué, Antoine Griezmann and Rio Ferdinand, and key tech investors such as Alexis Ohanian.
As a Communications Manager, you will play a crucial role in building the Sorare brand and defining its message. Working with our management team to deliver a diverse range of communications and marketing activities including media relationships, network building and events participation.
The Communications Manager will lead the strategic narrative around Sorare’s products and the company vision to external audiences globally. You will create positive relationships and engagement strategies with a wide range of audiences, including media, influencers, and partners. You’ll work on managing product & partnership announcements, brief media and external stakeholders, write messaging and help tell the company’s story globally.
- Develop, own and deliver a regional communications strategy that positions Sorare as the industry thought leader in the NFT, Gaming and Sport ecosystem, including working closely with the executive team to support them on high profile media engagements and events
- Deliver proactive media relationships with journalists and influencers, including consumer, entertainment, technology, sport and broadcast press
- Use blogs, speeches, social media, and other digital strategies to tell stories that are important to the company and our products.
- Create global communications with the rest of the communications team to support our portfolio of products and partnerships (EMEA, US, LATAM, APAC)
- Manage external PR agencies to deliver results on Sorare’s global communication strategy
- 6+ years of professional experience in a communications role
- Experience working both in-house and agency
- Communications experience in sports, gaming, entertainment, or consumer products
- Strong relationships with the community of reporters and thought leaders with the desire to foster new strategic relationships
- Proven ability to move fast, focus on delivering results, and a track record of working well across a diverse group of internal and external partners
- User-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Health Care: Great medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Wellness Benefit: Sorare contributes to employees wellness (gym membership or ClassPass)
- Commuter Benefits: Sorare contributes to the cost of your commute
- Latest Tech: Sorare provides equipment such as monitors, computer, headphones, etc
- At-Home Work Station: Sorare covers the cost of an at home set up
- Lunch: Sorare will contribute to their employees lunch expenses
- Time Off: For US employees, we offer unlimited paid time off in addition to observed company holidays. For French employees, we offer 5 weeks of paid holidays per year in addition to the national holidays