About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs is building the next generation of the internet. We are an open-source Network that spans the research to development pipeline to create new protocols, tools, and services to radically improve the internet. Our products serve thousands of organizations and millions of people. Many teams in the Network are fully distributed and follow a common set of open source practices to grow and flourish together. This distributed, open-source philosophy is at the core of how we operate.
Protocol Labs is looking for a Social Media Marketing Manager who is passionate about social marketing strategy, content & event management, and community engagement.
The ideal candidate will have a technical mindset with a background in Web3 or blockchain preferred. Candidates should also have experience managing social marketing across multiple channels (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube, etc) for multiple stakeholders.
This position will be remote and report to the Head of Social Media or Content. This position requires travel to 1-2 events per quarter.
- Acquire a deep understanding of Protocol Labs projects, including Filecoin and IPFS.
- Engage with community members through social brand channels to answer questions, share updates, and elevate community projects.
- Build and execute social activation plans for campaign and brand initiatives.
- Develops, owns, and executes the event content strategy, roll out across channels, and measurement.
- Travel with the events team to capture content to be used for the campaign, during and after each event.
- Measure, report, and analyze the performance of campaigns across channels. Understand social KPIs and provide insights and guidance to campaign leads.
- Understand and communicate social best practices and basic design principles to create breakthrough creative in partnership with our design team.
- Manage a content calendar and help cross-functional teams schedule and organize posts.
- Innovate and implement test and learn strategies that deliver results.
- Work cross-functionally to support multiple teams while adhering to best practices and centrally approved strategy.
- BA/BS degree in business, marketing, CS, or any field that relates to the role
- 3+ years of experience of managing social marketing
- 5+ years of overall marketing (or related comms) experience.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Efficient and organized with excruciating attention to detail
- Process-oriented and excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and on multiple initiatives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Willing and able to commit to travel 20 - 30% of the time.
- Experience with technical copywriting
- Experience with Web3 or blockchain technology
- Experience working in events, activations, and experiential marketing
- Agency background leading multiple brand channels
- Strong business acumen and quantitative analytical skills.
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs' mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more. As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds. We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.