Sorare is at the intersection of sports, gaming and NFTs. Through tradable digital cards, Sorare is designing a collective fantasy football experience where you can manage your favorite players, hone your passion to earn prizes and be part of a community. Anyone, anywhere, can connect with the game on Sorare. The company’s mission is to build “the game within the game” and to give fans, players and clubs the platform to celebrate, share and own the game.
Founded in 2018, Sorare has seen tremendous growth. The platform had a card sales volume of over $250M (€221M) since January 2021 across 160 countries. Sorare is backed by a world-class team of investors including Softbank, Benchmark, Accel Partners, footballers such as Gerard Piqué, Antoine Griezmann and Rio Ferdinand, and key tech investors such as Alexis Ohanian.
We’re looking for an ambitious and savvy self-starter - ideally with a background in sports and tech - who has a passion for gaming and entertainment to join our EMEA comms & PR team. Based in Paris, you will report to the PR & comms Lead, EMEA.
In this role you will be responsible for devising and delivering high-impact communication campaigns and strategies that support our brand, reputation and executives across EMEA. You will work closely with the PR & comms Lead, EMEA to manage our key press relationships across the region and move our local, regional and global comms narratives forward. You will manage comms initiatives, interviews and speaking opportunities covering everything from executive and product comms to deal announcements, new partnerships and stakeholder engagement with third parties.
This is a highly visible role that will involve ownership of the day-to-day communications execution in Europe. You will be expected to play a leading role in internal communications, crisis communications, public affairs and corporate social responsibility.
This position is well suited to an energetic and proactive individual who is able to function in a fast-paced organization while wearing multiple hats. It requires expertise and relationships with journalists. Experience working in-house and on the agency side is a plus.
- Working with the EMEA Comms & PR Lead to craft strategies, evaluate and share results.
- Staying ahead of media and industry trends and crafting proactive media pitches.
- Coordination and delegation with Sorare’s PR agencies on external communications activities as required
- Forging relationships within Sorare’s European leadership team to uncover the unique stories, big and small, to help tell Sorare’s story to an external audience.
- Helping to identify and prepare senior executives for spokesperson opportunities.
- 4+ years experience in external communications & PR
- Expertise in media relations strategy and execution
- Strategic thinking and ability to develop innovative approaches to PR
- Excellent collaborative skills, with proven ability to build strong relationships with external partners and internal stakeholders
- Excellent evidence of strong written and verbal communication in English
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- An understanding of and interest in sports and gaming.
- Experience and knowledge of tech is a big plus
- Languages: French and English
- Health Care: Great medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Wellness Benefit: Sorare contributes to employees wellness (gym membership or ClassPass)
- Commuter Benefits: Sorare contributes to the cost of your commute
- Latest Tech: Sorare provides equipment such as monitors, computer, headphones, etc
- At-Home Work Station: Sorare covers the cost of an at home set up
- Lunch: Sorare will contribute to their employees lunch expenses
- Time Off: For US employees, we offer unlimited paid time off in addition to observed company holidays. For French employees, we offer 5 weeks of paid holidays per year in addition to the national holidays
As we are an international company, please note we speak English in the workplace. Please apply for the role with an English CV so we can process your application.