Mural’s mission is to inspire teams to connect and innovate, while bringing purpose and intention to the craft of collaboration. Mural created the Collaborative Intelligence System™ to power cultures of effective collaboration where everyone is connected, contributing, and empowered to deliver business-driving outcomes.
Founded in 2011, Mural is a leading innovator in visual collaboration for hybrid, remote, and distributed teams. We believe in what we build, and our team of more than 600 “Muralistas” around the world collaborate in the Mural® app. Our values guide our intentionally inclusive product and culture, which includes collaboration design education and a flexible monthly stipend for learning, wellness, and coworking.
Mural has raised $200M to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill our mission. The company is trusted by 95% of the Fortune 100, including innovative teams at IBM, Intuit, GitLab, Microsoft, and Atlassian.
The Sr. Manager, Communications at Mural will lead the development and execution of the company's external communications strategy. You’ll work across many teams at Mural to identify and develop a consistent cadence of stories that help move the needle for us as a brand, thought leader, and company. You will drive communications for pivotal product launches and robust research and other timely announcements that educate the market and further establish Mural’s leadership position. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to build strong relationships with leaders across the company and will work closely with our executives to craft bylines, press releases, speaking submissions, and media material. You’ll lead these activities with our PR agency. This is an exciting opportunity to continue crafting Mural’s story and tell the world about it.
In this role, you will:
- Work across Marketing, Product, and Sales to identify key topics and storylines for Mural to be relevant in day-to-day media
- Develop and execute a comprehensive PR/AR strategy and plan that supports the company's business objectives and goals
- Manage the operations of a public relations firm, including budgeting, account management, and campaign planning
- Oversee the company's analyst relations program, including building and maintaining relationships with key industry analysts and influencers
- Cultivate meaningful relationships with key journalists and analysts to position Mural as a relevant and reliable source for commentary and thought leadership
- Drive development, with agency support, of all media relations materials including briefing documents, press releases, media alerts, pitches, communications plans, award submissions, speaking proposals and media lists
- Monitor and analyze media coverage, including competitor activity, and provide recommendations to senior leadership
- Support content creation for thought leadership, executive blogs, speaker/event attendance, and broadcast opportunities
- 8+ years relevant work experience at either a PR agency or on an in-house communications team, preferably with a focus in Enterprise SaaS
- Experience working with top tier and trade media, especially regarding technology, business, collaboration, and future of work
- Proactive and eager to synthesize needs, gain alignment, and drive work forward in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Exceptional storytelling, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present ideas and information clearly to diverse audiences
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including media, analysts, and industry influencers
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize urgent and important initiatives effectively, especially in stressful and ambiguous situations
- Able to analyze and measure communications performance, synthesizing coverage and conversations to inform and make recommendations to executives and partners
In the state of Colorado, the salary for this role ranges from $113,100 to $155,600 + equity + benefits, but may vary based on your qualifications and job-related experience level, that could result in a level outside of this range.
In the state of California and Washington, the salary for this role ranges from $113,100 to $194,500 + equity + benefits, but may vary based on your city of residence, qualifications and job-related experience level, that could result in a level outside of this range.
In New York City, the salary for this role ranges from $141,400 to $194,500 + equity + benefits, but may vary based on your qualifications and job-related experience level, that could result in a level outside of this range. #LI-Remote #LI-SS1
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 401K (US only)
- Company equity
- Health insurance
- Fertility benefits
- Muralvida stipend (for fitness, wellness, learning and coworking)
- Fully remote team
- Parental leave
- End of year closure
- Design thinking trainings
- Mural free forever plan
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
Mural is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.