VEED.IO is an online video editing platform with a simple mission: enabling anyone to create professional-looking videos. For too long, video creation has been inaccessible to so many people — you’ve had to download & learn complicated software, and buy expensive equipment. What if you could create a video in five minutes, right from your browser? That’s what we’re building here at VEED.
We're already used by millions of creators around the world — from kids & grandparents, to ambitious YouTubers, to companies like Amazon & Google — all using our products to tell stories, create content & grow their audience.
Since we started VEED four years ago, we’ve grown faster than we could have ever imagined. We’ve gone from one user to millions. From no revenue to over $10M ARR. From bootstrapped to backed by Sequoia, one of the biggest VC firms in the world. From a team of two to a team of 150+. And we’re still growing — we’d love for you to be a part of our journey.
Who We're Looking For
We’re looking for someone who can
- You’re a T-shaped content manager with a well-rounded skillset and breadth of knowledge that complements your function such as being a strong researcher and editor, understanding on-page SEO, content creation, writing, and the ability to align your efforts to drive growth and support content KPIs.
- You can help with surfacing topics and ideas that support our company and team’s growth goals + focus each quarter/year
- You understand what it takes to be an exemplary writer and is able to provide direct feedback to our team of writers (with a big scoop of empathy of course). Our best writers were great to start with but have become even better because I (Diana) have invested so much effort into helping them learn more about writing but also about our product/users.
- You are able to support the creation, development, and adherence of our brand voice and writing guidelines across all written company marketing material.
What You’ll Do
- Report on performance and use analytics to help shape our blog strategy, promotion, and distribution
- Help with hiring freelance writers, manage them as well as designers, and other people that will play a role in the success of our blog content.
- Oversee SEO Implementation: You will NOT be responsible for the SEO plan but you will be responsible for ensuring all SEO best practices at VEED are carried out throughout all content published on our blog.
- Research and Refresh: Ensure we not only maintain but improve the performance of each individual blog whenever you do a refresh of our content every 3 to 6 months (or as-needed).
- Prepare Content a Month Ahead: Keep us at least one month ahead (ideally we want to work 2 months ahead) so that we can have wiggle room to not only research new blogs but plan how we’ll market the content and how other content teams will play a role.
- Make sure links across the blog are all still functioning and not going to spammy sites. Review link exchange requests and flag anything you’re unsure of.
- Analyse and report on the content you publish and share updates with our head of content and other team leads as needed.
- Create Impeccable Briefs/Outlines: Produce detailed briefs and outlines from your research in order to ensure creative is aligned with the goal of the individual topic, it’s target audience, search intent, and our product.
What it takes to be successful in the role
- Proven experience in a role as a content marketer, editor, or similar role for an authoritative and successful website
- Analytical skills to interpret content performance data and make data-informed decisions
- Coaching and management skills so good that our freelance writers want to talk about how much they’ve learned just from working with you
- Attention to detail because neglecting the “small stuff” is what separates bland content from memorable content
- Strong writing and editing skills in English
- An exceptional collaborator across the organisation
What makes us special?
Work from home with your dog?
Work in a cafe?
Need a few days off?
Swap a weekday for a weekend?
Working a half-day?
All of the above is 100% good for us!
Our entire team is remote (and always has been). This is our work from home view everyday <3
We are happy as long as you’re happy. You will have the freedom and autonomy you need to make decisions and do your best work. Our team is smart, energetic, extremely talented and driven. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we all love what we do.