Mural’s mission is to inspire teams to connect and innovate, while bringing purpose and intention to the craft of collaboration. Mural created the Collaborative Intelligence System™ to power cultures of effective collaboration where everyone is connected, contributing, and empowered to deliver business-driving outcomes.
Founded in 2011, Mural is a leading innovator in visual collaboration for hybrid, remote, and distributed teams. We believe in what we build, and our team of more than 600 “Muralistas” around the world collaborate in the Mural® app. Our values guide our intentionally inclusive product and culture, which includes collaboration design education and a flexible monthly stipend for learning, wellness, and coworking.
Mural has raised $200M to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill our mission. The company is trusted by 95% of the Fortune 100, including innovative teams at IBM, Intuit, GitLab, Microsoft, and Atlassian.
As our Marketing Events Manager, you will be a critical member of the Mural Marketing team, driving planning, project management, and execution of our in-person and virtual events. Your mission will be to own the execution of the event strategy for 1st party, partner, and 3rd party events. These events will range from virtual custom workshops, executive roadshows, onsite customer events, and major conferences and trade shows. You will be responsible for creating innovative and exceptional experiences for our Enterprise audience.
Effectiveness within the event space at Mural will be partially based on the adoption of a new perspective. Out of the box thinking for event sponsorship, engagement, & creation. A successful Marketing Events Manager will help to create a new vision for events that moves beyond traditional sponsorship packages and follow up campaigns.
In this role, you will:
- Own end-to-end project management and execution of 1st party, partner, 3rd party events, and conferences: pre-planning through execution through ROI reporting. Building operationally excellent event programs that move the needle.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to align the execution of events around our Enterprise GTM strategies and to create enablement materials to support these teams.
- Manage multiple third-party vendor relationships, keep them up to date with project changes and help process purchase orders for on-time payment.
- You will think creatively about Mural’s on-site presence and exceed attendees’ expectations with a targeted and thoughtful approach that is unique to the audience and their needs.
- Deliver detailed reporting and metrics on event results and return on investment. Ability to determine which events present the best opportunity to achieve company objectives.
- Create impactful speaking opportunities for key internal SMEs.
- Collaborate with Partner Marketing to ensure we have a strong presence and are taking full advantage of our Partner sponsored/hosted events.
- Think big and be bold! Innovation is key for the future of events at Mural.
- Must have a passion for creating exceptional experiences through events and excel at surprise and delight.
- Have frequent travel
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- 3+ years of experience managing the events function within the B2B SaaS space
- Experience working in a fast-paced, always evolving start-up environment
- Experience influencing and/or leading a marketing budget.
- You have a strong analytical demeanor with the desire to measure, analyze, act, and improve marketing efforts.
- Excellent communication, storytelling and presentation skills. Can demonstrate marketing partnership and value of events with sales, customer success, marketing, and finance leaders.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment to deliver results and collaborate comfortably with senior leaders across Marketing, Sales, Finance and other functions
- Understanding of marketing functions in a B2B environment
- Proven program and project management skills
- Ability to work with little guidance, be accountable
- Cross-culturally aware and able to working with global teams
- Have fun! This is a very fun gig and we’re looking for someone who brings a playful energy to their work
- Ability to travel
In the state of Colorado, the salary for this role ranges from $75,200 to $103,400 + equity + benefits, but may vary based on your qualifications and job-related experience level, that could result in a level outside of this range.
In the state of California and Washington, the salary for this role ranges from $75,200 to $129,300 + equity + benefits, but may vary based on your city of residence, qualifications and job-related experience level, that could result in a level outside of this range.
In New York City, the salary for this role ranges from $94,000 to $129,300 + equity + benefits, but may vary based on your qualifications and job-related experience level, that could result in a level outside of this range. #LI-Remote #LI-SS1
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 401K (US only)
- Company equity
- Health insurance
- Fertility benefits
- Muralvida stipend (for fitness, wellness, learning and coworking)
- Fully remote team
- Parental leave
- End of year closure
- Design thinking trainings
- Mural free forever plan
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
Mural is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.