Backlot is the collaborative 3D design tool for filmmakers.
We enable filmmakers to visualize, iterate, and plan their films with ease- all before getting to set. Virtually shoot films in our 3D platform and then share photo-real exports and blueprints with the entire team. With accurate cameras & lights, animatable characters, detailed sets, and a massive library of over 25,000 digital props, Backlot is the go-to software for filmmakers to digitally create their visions and win pitches.
We're a tight team of filmmakers, product managers & engineers hailing from Google, Microsoft, and the MIT Media Lab, with short films that have premiered at Tribeca and the LA Film Festival. We're backed by investors like Y Combinator and titans from some of the largest film studios in Hollywood.
Backlot was featured a top startup in the YC S20 batch by TechCrunch and has a customer base that has been growing faster than we can handle since our launch. We've built a product that customers love and look forward to expanding our team!
Backlot has been used by large production companies and high profile creators like Wiz Khalifa .
If you share our passion for building the best (and coolest) tools for filmmakers, we'd love to speak with you.
About the role
As a founding member of our marketing team, you will have the opportunity to build Backlot's marketing strategy, community and team from the ground up. You will expand upon the already amazing community of filmmakers that use Backlot and share their work across social media by bringing Backlot to new mediums, hosting events and engaging users. We are on a mission to make Backlot the best tool for filmmakers ever and we need your help - if you are passionate about marketing, community building and creative tools then this job is for you!
- Grow our awesome filmmaker community tenfold
- Build out the Backlot marketing team from the ground up
- Lead online marketing campaigns across social & search platforms
- Aggressively optimize high-volume campaigns through improved targeting and AB testing
- Lead communication & outreach with community and social media
- 5+ years experience in Online Marketing (paid search, display, social)
- Bachelor’s degree, Quantitative/Business field (Math, Stat, Econ etc) a plus
- Lives and breaths paid search, display and/or social marketing
- Exceptional communication skills & ability to translate analysis into useful managerial reports
- Excitement to be a part of building a company from the ground up & enjoy a high degree of ownership
- Filmmaking knowledge & an interest in digital creative tools are a plus!