About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs is building the next generation of the internet. We are an open-source Network that spans the research to development pipeline to create new protocols, tools, and services to radically improve the internet. Our products serve thousands of organizations and millions of people. Many teams in the Network are fully distributed and follow a common set of open source practices to grow and flourish together. This distributed, open-source philosophy is at the core of how we operate.
Protocol Labs is looking for a Brand Strategist and Manager who is passionate about brand building including strategy, architecture, value props, and target audiences. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience building strategies for tech and innovation brands, with a background in Web3 or blockchain strongly preferred. This position will be remote and report to the Head of Content.
- Acquire a deep understanding of Protocol Labs projects, including Filecoin and IPFS.
- Partner with Head of Content to develop the brand architecture for five key brands: Filecoin, IPFS, Filecoin green, NFT.Storage, Estuary.
- Dive deep with cross-functional teams to understand branding and channels used to date, identify gaps and inconsistencies, and build project plan to create a brand architecture for each brand.
- Work with Head of Content to identify and onboard the chosen strategy AoR from the RFP process. Guide and serve as the main point of contact for the strategy agency, working across PL to identify and collect information to inform the brand architecture.
- Identify core audiences, working closely with Community and PR teams. Develop and land personas for each brand.
- Develop value props and messaging pillars for each brand, running user research where needed.
- Create brand books and guidelines for each brand, once architecture is complete. Land these with each DRI and their teams, and cross-functional partners.
- Develop and own brand voice for Filecoin, in collaboration with copywriter.
- Establish content review process and review outgoing content to ensure adherence to brand guidelines.
- BA/BS degree in business, marketing, or any field that relates to the role
- 7+ years of brand strategy experience, ih-house or agency side, with tech or innovation brands
- Ability to influence across teams and functions, and manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Efficient and organized with excruciating attention to detail
- Process-oriented and excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and on multiple initiatives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Success launching and building technical brands and products
- Experience with Web3 or blockchain technology
- Agency strategy background with emphasis on brand building
- Strong business acumen and quantitative analytical skills.