SuperLayer is a crypto venture studio led by Kevin Chou and Mahesh Vellanki, who between them have launched multiple successful gaming and crypto companies including Kabam (free-to-play games, exited for ~$1B), GenG (esports), Forte (blockchain for gaming, >$1B latest valuation) and Rally.io (creator coins, >$5B total market cap). SuperLayer builds tokenized consumer businesses, supercharging their development with crypto technology and expertise from Rally and Forte that can take a typical 2-3 year build and instead launch new businesses in 4-6 months. We develop concepts internally, recruit world-class founding PMs to lead the product, fund the early development until public launch and then help raise venture capital from leading investors in the space.
One of SuperLayer’s projects is looking to bring on a VP Marketing to focus on everything from community building to content marketing, digital marketing, PR, and everything in between. As an early leader for our Web3 communities project, Affiniti, you’d be both a strategic leader and hands on executor for all of the Marketing efforts, laying a strong foundation building the brand and community and distributing thoughtful and effective content. Affiniti is a web3 platform that makes it easier to find and connect with people who share your values. Affiniti provides a lightweight viral launchpad to help tokenized communities start and grow. With Affiniti, people unite around on-chain tokens devoted to their passions, build and grow their communities, and collectively advance their causes.
In this role you will…
- Play a critical role as an early employee leading the charge for all of Affiniti’s go-to-market strategy and execution, including outreach to communities, social media management, development of playbooks, content, and onboarding ops for the communities, etc.
- Be a generalist, owning all aspects of digital marketing, SEO, PR, content, etc. and driving the project’s community launch, continued growth, and upcoming public launch.
- Own all aspects of organic community building for our growing project, including establishing and growing the community on Twitter, Discord, and other relevant social media channels.
- Drive the brand direction, crafting messaging and value propositions, drafting web content, creating channel assets, collaborating on social media content, and delivering other marcom materials.
- Assist in outbound and inbound marketing activities by demonstrating expertise in various areas (content development and optimization, advertising, events planning, etc.).
- Effectively vet and manage external vendors.
- Be an advocate and inspirational ambassador for the brand internally and externally.
To be a good fit for us you have…
- Knowledgeable in key areas of marketing: social media, content marketing, B2B and B2C marketing, digital community building, digital marketing, PR/Comms.
- At least 7 years experience leading marketing initiatives, ideally with some time at an early stage B2C startup. Experience with social apps is a plus.
- A self-starter who executes like crazy across multiple projects and maintains clarity and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- An ability to think strategically but eager to also be hands-on and build from scratch.
- A demonstrated ability to work well in small teams, operate in open space with the ability to set your own direction, and assess and prioritize opportunities.
- Passionate about empowering creators and their communities.
- Ready and eager to jump into Web3, but direct experience is not required.
And if we’re a good fit for you, our vision, mission and layers resonate with you…
VISION: Democratize opportunity and ownership of the Internet. MISSION: Build a community of builders creating transformative web3 experiences. LAYERS:
- How we build
- Go Big: We dream big, experiment often and take ambitious swings.
- Move Fast: We bias towards speed, action and outcomes.
- Push Boundaries: We use cutting-edge blockchain solutions to address real user needs.
- Who we are
- We are Real: We are direct, transparent, open and accountable.
- We are Resilient: We embrace failure, adapt to change and support each other.
- We are Super: We are constantly learning, laughing and hustling.