About Mysten Labs
Mysten Labs believes that decentralized and open protocols are the bedrock of the internet of value. This is why at Mysten Labs, we are creating foundational infrastructure to accelerate the adoption of decentralized protocols based on blockchain technologies.
Our team is 100% remote and we are hiring across the world. Here at Mysten Labs, you’ll be joining a world-class team with tremendous growth potential as we bring the next billion users to web3. We raised a $300M Series B round from top Silicon Valley led venture funds like FTX, Jump Crypto, Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Binance Labs, Redpoint, Lightspeed, Coinbase Ventures, Electric Capital, Standard Crypto, NFX, Slow Ventures, Scribble Ventures, Samsung Next, Lux Capital, among other investment firms and strategic partners. Come join us and build the future of web3!
The Ecosystem Team is responsible for marketing, developer relations and partnerships initiatives that support Mysten Labs’ ecosystem. We’re looking for our Head of Global Communications to support the Ecosystem Team.
The Marketing Team seeks an experienced Head of Global Communications to partner with all stakeholders to strategically communicate the breaking news, evolution and vision of Mysten Labs. This role reports to the Head of Ecosystem and is a critical hire to sew together a rapid cadence of launches and key messages to amplify our corporate story and celebrate builders.
- Define the scope, workflow and value of corporate communications and PR at Metaplex Studios
- Manage our day-to-day PR agency relationships and be a partner in their success
- Work closely with the Marketing team and stakeholders across Leadership, Product, Partnerships, Legal and various communities to ensure we speak with one voice and tailored messaging
- Build and run the Speakers’ Bureau
- Serve as a spokesperson on behalf of Mysten Labs
- Quarterback crisis response
- Deliver documents outlining best practices and process improvement documents
- Travel to some of the major events will be required for this role
Our ideal candidate would have:
- World-class writing ability. You relish the challenge of succinct and compelling writing and have proven experience tailoring messages to niche audiences while keeping tone of voice consistent
- Based in North America time zones
- Ability to pivot quickly and adapt to competing and ever-evolving priorities
- Extreme attention to detail; ability to prioritize workload and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently and autonomously, while maintaining a team-oriented mindset
- Understands highly technical concepts and can translate into common language that captures audience mindshare
- Ability to counsel and lead effectively across all levels of internal teams as it relates to our external voice and engaging with the media
- Composure in a crisis; satisfaction when finding opportunities and solutions in an often ambiguous and hypergrowth environment
- Experience in web3 a plus; passion and knowledge of NFTs and crypto required
- 7-10+ years of corporate communications experience, preferably in technology or media
- Native English speaker
- Experience managing a budget and external agency required
- Willingness to appear on camera with media and/or travel domestically and internationally as needed
- An enthusiasm to roll up your sleeves and build and execute all parts of the Communications function