People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 20+ million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, we believe that two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. So far, we have 5000+ people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
We're looking for a Crypto Legal Counsel to sit within our growing London team and work closely with the wider Legal team globally. This role can be done remotely anywhere in the UK. We are a fast moving business, which deploys changes to its platform through the app store every week. This means that you will be empowered to advise on all stages of the product lifecycle - from idea conception through to post deployment remediation. We look for people who apply deep logic to their thinking and back everything up with data. We look for natural self-starters who see things through from start to finish, and who learn from every mistake. Does this sound like you? Take a look at our RevInsider video about our Legal team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy2SA75ZnwA
What you’ll be doing
- You will need to work in collaboration with UK product, commercial; compliance teams; to help design and deliver solutions that are compliant with local legislation and other regulatory requirements.
- Deliver high quality advice on regulatory legal issues related to the structuring and offering of innovative crypto products
- Help to manage regulatory licensing applications and respond to regulatory requests Work towards tight deadlines to provide timely advice and manage competing priorities Identify legal risks and help mitigate them by providing actionable and business focused advice
- Draft customer-facing legal documents for products (eg. Terms and conditions or other comms)
- Liaise with specialist external counsel where appropriate - define the scope of instruction so as to minimize cost and ensure the advice received is fit for purpose
- Assist with compliance review processes
- Proactively monitor changes to regulatory requirements
- Ability to work cross functionally and coordinate between multiple jurisdictions. ### ### What you'll need
- 3-5 Years PQE Experience
- Leading law firm credentials or previous experience working in fin-tech
- Experience in advising on financial regulation with a particular focus on crypto
- Expertise in relevant financial regulations and advising clients in the following areas: MiFID II, PSD II and the Electronic Money Directive, 5AMLD Directive Sound judgment, composure under pressure and a collaborative mindset Confidence making decisions where there is ambiguity or incomplete information Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills.