About The Graph
The Graph is the indexing and query layer of web3. The Graph Network’s self service experience for developers launched in July 2021. Developers build and publish open APIs, called subgraphs, that applications can query using GraphQL. The Graph supports indexing data from multiple different networks including Ethereum, NEAR, Arbitrium, Optimism, Polygon, Avalanche, Celo, Fantom, Moonbeam, IPFS, and PoA with more networks coming soon. To date, tens-of-thousands of subgraphs have been deployed on the hosted service, and now subgraphs can be deployed directly on the network. Over 28,000 developers have built subgraphs for applications such as Uniswap, Synthetix, KnownOrigin, Art Blocks, Balancer, Livepeer, DAOstack, Audius, Decentraland, and many others.
If you are a developer building an application or web3 application, you can use subgraphs for indexing and querying data from blockchains. The Graph allows applications to efficiently and performantly present data in a UI and allows other developers to use your subgraph too! You can deploy a subgraph to the network using the newly launched Subgraph Studio or query existing subgraphs that are in the Graph Explorer. The Graph would love to welcome you to be Indexers, Curators and/or Delegators on The Graph’s mainnet. Join The Graph community by introducing yourself in The Graph Discord for technical discussions, join The Graph’s Telegram chat, and follow The Graph on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, and Medium! The Graph’s developers and members of the community are always eager to chat with you, and The Graph ecosystem has a growing community of developers who support each other.
The Graph Foundation oversees The Graph Network. The Graph Foundation is overseen by the Technical Council. Edge & Node, StreamingFast, Figment, Semiotic and The Guild are five of the many organizations within The Graph ecosystem.
What We’re Looking For
You are an original thinker and can thrive in a dynamic environment. You are passionate about Web3 and are familiar with The Graph. You are committed to using your legal expertise to support product development, business growth and to best serve users. You are driven to optimize for an organization's success and provide necessary guidance. You are someone who is personable, enjoys meeting new people and developing partnerships with top projects. You have experience at a top law firm and also as a General Counsel at a fast-growing tech company.
- Serve as a key legal advisor on all areas of our business
- Help us achieve product and business objectives in a legally compliant and ethical manner
- Support business teams on legal matters, including strategy, general advice, contract review, commercial terms, corporate matter, internal policies, IP, negotiations and more
- Proactively identify legal problems, solutions, and potential support needed to the team
- Draft and review contracts and agreements, and provide holistic risk assessment and suggestions to enhance business value while mitigating downside risk
- Manage relationships with lawyers and other external third-parties
- Anticipate and maintain up-to-date knowledge of current laws relevant to crypto area to provide strategic advice and foster compliance
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Highly analytical with excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to provide useful and efficient counsel
- High level of personal integrity and ethics
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, remote and global team
- Strong knowledge of regulatory and legal regimes relevant to web3, including financial market regulations, securities laws, and US and global AML/CFT rules
- Strong knowledge of IP and open-source development law
- Experience managing employee equity incentive programs, including US federal tax and securities law considerations
- Minimum 5 years of commercial legal experience in a global law firm or practice, preferably in web3, technology, fintech, or finance. Minimum of 1 year experience as a General Counsel at a web3 project or fast-growing tech company
- Bachelor's degree in law or any other related field
- A JD and active membership in at least one state bar, preferably CA or NY
- You understand the law and also how business operate. You are able to flag the risks to the co-founders in an effective way
- The ability to weigh the legal risks with the business risks and flags the necessary risks to the leadership team
About The Team
You will be working closely with our Business team and The Graph Foundation to support operations and provide legal guidance in the best interest of The Graph ecosystem. We work remotely with current team members located in the US, Argentina and China; and meet in person several times a year (unless there's a pandemic).