Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
As Counsel to the X team, you’ll get to work with a variety of teams including the Reddit X product and engineering teams that are focused on blockchain-backed products, audio, chat, and new products. You must have excellent judgment in balancing legal risks with new technologies and business strategy and a proven ability to learn new areas of law and understand emerging technologies at a rapid pace and function independently in a demanding environment. You will use your drive and experience to make a big impact on Reddit’s business and Reddit X goals. If you’re passionate about the law, technology, and business and love a challenging, team-focused, fast-moving environment, then this is the place for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Advise multiple stakeholders across product, engineering, business development, finance, privacy, comms, marketing, and community throughout the product development cycle on a broad range of best practices and compliance issues regarding Reddit X products
- Understand and stay up to date on U.S. and international laws and regulations related to platforms, blockchain technology, and Reddit X products and have the ability to explain complex legal issues concisely and in basic terms
- Provide pragmatic day-to-day and strategic advice to minimize legal risks while advancing Reddit’s and the X team’s goals and initiatives
- Manage internal projects, training, processes, and drive cross-functional efforts to successful completion
What We Can Expect From You:
- 4+ years relevant experience; JD from top law school; admitted to the Bar
- Proficiency in financial regulatory frameworks as applied to blockchain-backed products, as well as copyright law and licensing matters
- Experience with financial technology and payments, blockchain technology, and privacy preferred
- Strong legal research skills and comfort tackling new and developing areas of law in the US and internationally
- Comfortable handling chaos and ability to thrive in a team environment
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and passion for technology, law, and business
- Eagerness and drive to continue learning