We believe the world’s financial system is being rebuilt on blockchains.
Blockchains enable censorship-resistant money to be accessible to anyone with an internet connection, and composable building blocks for builders to innovate on permissionlessly. Ultimately we believe this will create a better world, with more access to opportunity, fewer rent-seeking middle-men, and fewer hidden systemic risks.
Staking is a core primitive of this new world: by enabling asset owners to use their stake to secure the network and earn a yield doing so, staking preserves decentralization and provides returns. It is the Internet bond.
We built products at leading Tech and Crypto companies such as Google, ConsenSys, Ledger, Polygon, Improbable, Circle, Chainalysis, Payfit and Veepee among others.
Kiln raised $5M from investors including Third Kind Capital, BlueYard Capital, SV Angel, Kima Ventures and Kindi Capital. Some have been the first investors in companies such as Pinterest, Stripe and Notion.
We're looking for a Finance Operations Manager to work closely with Thomas, COO & co-founder at Kiln.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for:
1) Financial planning & analysis
- Forecast & Budget
- Production of supporting numbers to run the business and fundraise (revenue, forecast, cost split, cash flow, balance, margins)
- Data Analytics (Microstrategy, Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Entities (legal)
- Accounting (working with our external accountant)
3) Systems and financial reports
4) Regulatory answers working with Product and Legal
5) Crypto treasury and cash management
6) Commercial and product development
- Help the team in financial negotiations for large contracts (project work)
- Evaluate marketing or hiring efficiency
- Modeling pricing, product and protocol revenue
Don't censor yourself: get in touch even if you're not matching 100% of these points.
Skills & background
- A first experience in a scale-up or start-up
- Comfortable working on financial modelling & KPIs / reporting
- Knowledge of automation tools (such as Zapier)
- Being comfortable using SQL
- Experience with analytics tools (Tableau, Microstrategy, etc.)
- Knowledge of accounting & taxation (crypto, EU)
- English perfectly fluent, French is ideal
- Genuine interest for Blockchain & crypto
- Strategic vision, ability to project the company (3-5 years)
- Understand how revenue and costs scale
- Think about commercial and product development (1-3 months), including anticipating pricing strategy across the whole product suite
- Working smoothly with stakeholders
- Curiosity and ability to dig into a topic and follow through
What we offer
- A fast-paced, no bureaucracy work environment
- Equity Share Options in the business: if Kiln succeeds, we all succeed!
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited holiday
- Flexible/remote working
- Choice of your IT equipment
- Significant personal development and wellness budget
Can’t wait to know more? Here is our recruitment process.
- Recruiter Phone screen (35 min) with Myriam
- Take-home exercise (under 3h) and oral presentation (1h30) with Thomas
- Product & culture fit Interview with Ernest our CPO (45min)
- Meeting with Laszlo, co-founder and CEO (30min)