At BeReal, we are building the first social network where people spontaneously share their real life. No filters. No followers. Just friends, sharing with each other. On BeReal, you discover your friends' real lives and get closer to them!
BeReal is a fast-paced environment with ambitious, committed, and caring colleagues. We are a small team of 50+ people all around the world. BeReal will be the place for you if you are looking for a place to grow both technically and as an individual.
What you’ll do:
- We are trying to build a truly one of a kind technical team. You will own the full recruitment cycle - from sourcing to screening to interviews to close.
- You will build and maintain a pipeline of hard-to-find technical talent, so we are always ready with great talent as we grow
- Proactively network to build/develop connections with industry leaders and candidates, focusing on long-term relationship-building with both mid-level and senior technical talent
- Provide an incredible candidate experience to each person you engage with. You will be a candidates partner on their journey with us, so no task is too small to ensure a great experience.
- Be a true partner to all our technical teams and others in the talent team as new roles come up
- Be willing to get in deep on your roles and make mistakes as you go. We are evolving as we go and always looking to iterate on our process to ensure we have the best hiring process we can
- Be a storyteller - finding great technical talent isn't easy, you will need to build strong relationships with your candidates and know how to get them excited about what we are building at BeReal
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of technical recruiting experience having worked in fast paced start-up/scale up
- Creative mindset and track record of experiment and iterate with the latest tools and technologies
- Proven ability to build networks, engage passive candidates, and generate genuine interest in BeReal
- Strong problem solving skills and proven history of building processes from the ground up
- Strong business acumen, with an understanding of the competitive talent market and experience recruiting top-tier engineering talent
- Natural curiosity and problem solving mindset; able to learn about and source for novel roles, research talent availability, and develop creative solutions to sourcing challenges
- Champion a positive candidate experience as an inclusive, approachable, and authentic recruiter.
- Resilience and a positive attitude - we are trying to build something unique, it wont be easy but we are all in this together.
- Humble mindset - you will work with a great Talent team who all want to help build this amazing team.
How do we work?
Where you’ll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our team to find a work mode that is best for them! We trust our team members to get great work done.
- We have an office based in Paris and if you are in Europe you would be expected to come to the office twice a month (it's fun to get to know everyone)
- Where in the world? For this role, we are looking for people based in Europe (France/UK preferred)
- Full flexibility: full remote, partial or in office as long as you’re available on CEST time in Europe and East Coast hours in the US
- Competitive compensation and equity for full time employees (we want you to have ownership in the business)
- Anything that can help you grow in your role or beyond, it's on us
- Health coverage for you, and equal parental leave policy
- Pension/401k matching
- Generous vacation (everyone needs meaningful time off)
- Pick your work material - whatever supports you to do your best work
Our First Principles:
- Extreme Ownership
We are building a small team from scratch and are determined to build the most trustful social network to connect people together. So if you recognize yourself in this description, please contact us to introduce yourself.
P.S: We are building a diverse team. It's OK if you don't tick all the boxes. If you're talented and highly motivated, we'd still like to hear from you.