About NBC Universal
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service. Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Universal Products & Experiences Overview
Universal Products & Experiences (UP&E) globally drives the expansion and elevation of NBCUniversal’s iconic collection of brands, intellectual properties, characters, and stories based on the company’s extensive portfolio of properties created by Universal Pictures, Illumination, DreamWorks Animation and NBCUniversal Television and Streaming. The division executes this through innovative physical and digital products, engaging retail and product experiences across our expansive global theme park destinations (for both owned and 3rd party IP), location-based venues, e-commerce product platforms, and retailers around the world. Along with global brand strategy and creative, UP&E’s three lines of business include Consumer Products, Games and Digital Platforms, as well as Theme Parks Products & Retail. UP&E is a division of Universal Parks & Resorts, part of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation. https://www.universalproductsexperiences.com/
The Universal Products & Experiences (UP&E) group is seeking a Program Manager with a passion for business development to join our team. This position will report to the VP of NFTs and Emerging Tech (ET) in the Games & Digital Platforms team and is a hybrid position that will focus on streamlining process and coordinating initiatives across key internal and external stakeholders, as well as facilitating BD efforts and forging strong relationships with partners. This position will push boundaries at the intersection of the digital, web3, and blockchain gaming spaces, will be rich in growth potential, and will be instrumental in establishing NBCUniversal as an IP thought leader in the web3 space.
Program Management Responsibilities
- Work closely with the VP of NFTs & ET to develop, streamline, and implement roadmaps, processes, project management frameworks and best practices to enable the NFT & ET team to better scale partnerships and operations
- Track initiative progress, provide updates, and drive accountability among internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with stakeholders on commitments, timelines and deliverables
- Make recommendations and present proposals to help automate and scale stakeholder operation processes through roadmap planning and development
- Specific internal partner collaboration scope includes but is not limited to the following:
- UP&E Finance for category budgeting and forecasting, revenue reporting, and revenue collection
- UP&E Global Asset Management for the distribution of creative assets to partners and digital product approvals
- UP&E Research and Insights for audience engagement analysis
- UP&E Legal and Business Affairs for contract management
- UP&E Creative, Brand Marketing and Franchise Management teams, as well as other Stakeholders, to efficiently manage creative feedback, reviews, and approvals for licensed products.
- Various teams across the company on new business and cross-marketing initiatives as appropriate
Business Development Responsibilities
- Work closely with the VP of NFTs & ET to define, deliver, and lead a portfolio of NFT and web3 initiatives with the goal of driving audience and revenue growth and expanding the reach of NBCU’s film & TV content across major platforms worldwide in alignment with NBCU’s overall brand strategy
- Synthesize industry data, competitive intel and market trends into actionable reports for the NBCU (NBC Universal) Games & Digital Team / NBCU Leadership
- Foster relationships with leading web3 companies in order drive a large and diverse funnel of inbound opportunities
- Negotiate business deals, secure favorable business terms, and execute agreements
- 4+ years of project/program management and/or business development experience in the digital entertainment, games industry and/or web3 space
- Basic understanding of blockchain technologies and how they can be applied
- Experience implementing repeatable processes and driving automation or standardization
- Experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior management
- Experience negotiating licensing deals and service agreements
- Hybrid Work Model
- Ability to align a diverse group of internal and external partners around key initiatives and strategic objectives
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment, and push back when necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Exceptional curiosity and strong work ethic
- Leadership ability with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
- Results oriented
- Be proactive in identifying issues / risks / blockers before they occur; have the ability to escalate issues as needed, implement solutions, and learn from mistakes
- Drive multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to work effectively in a small team environment where strong and impactful collaboration is critical and expected
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
- In select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated, must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or adhere to enhanced protocols.
- Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.