Loom is a new kind of work communication tool, already helping millions of people get their message across through instantly shareable videos. Our users work at companies like HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub and LinkedIn. Our mission is to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively and get ahead, wherever they are.
Founded in 2016, Loom has raised capital from top-tier investors including Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst and Slack Fund.
Loom is looking for a qualified Lead People Operations Analyst to lead a variety of people operations projects and provide support to the success and effectiveness of our organization. The ideal candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of human resource management and strong service delivery experience along with the ability to be a strategic thinker and problem-solver with excellent communication skills. This role will assist the Senior Manager, People Operations Services in identifying areas of inefficiencies and/or best practices for Loom, which will enable a high level of positive Loommate experience to the business.
This person will work within our current systems, develop new systems, and always push to enhance our culture. This role balances small tasks with large-scale projects to ensure that our mission is achieved.
- Design and execute a people strategy and processes that match our unique business needs and culture
- Implement initiatives to improve organizational design, new hire onboarding, performance reviews, compensation, benefits, leaves administration, service delivery & people technology
- Enable business leaders to see around corners with data-driven recommendations that improve performance, retention, and the overall employee experience
- Provide superior client service to all employees via our case management system
- Manage and support People Ops Transformation projects, with a focus on content development
- Manage the administration of Loom’s benefits programs
- Partner with People Partner(s) to develop performance management, compensation, and organizational structure strategies to scale the business
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in People Operations; with 3+years Benefits & LOA Administration experience
- At least 4+ years of experience People Technology: Greenhouse, Rippling, Workday, Paylocity, Lattice or similar People Tech system
- Case Mgmt. system experience required e.g. ServiceNow, Halp, JIRA, Zendesk, etc.
- Strong knowledge of HR, Benefits & Leave of Absence laws & regulations
- Experience working with PEOs
- Experience working in a high-growth or start-up environment
- Proven experience moving quickly to build processes & systems that are highly automated
- Proficient in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Notion, Atlassian
Perks at Loom
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- 14 paid company holidays plus Summer Break in July and Winter Break in December
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Wellness stipends
- Flexible PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work opportunities
- Professional development reimbursement
- Home office & technology reimbursement
How We Work
Freedom and Flexibility: At Loom, we believe work is an act, not a place. When we disengage work from a location, we can accommodate a broad range of life choices. You can choose to work from home or while you travel. We are able to hire across the United States and are continuing to expand our international presence. And you are free to move within a country without any adjustment to compensation.
Engaging Workday: The key to an engaging workday is finding the right balance between different ways to work sync, async, text and video. Loom makes it easier for us to say what we mean without having to schedule a zoom meeting or struggle to find the right words. And using async communication allows us to free up time for deep work every day. We believe there's a place for sync time - often a conversation on Zoom is exactly what is needed. For team meetings, this ‘sync time’ is typically between 9AM-Noon PT given where the overlap of timezones where Loommates are located.
Work-Rest Balance: The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high-growth startup and sustainability is making rest a priority. We offer a flexible PTO policy so you're able to take time off when you need it. We also go fully offline for Summer Break around 4th of July and between Christmas and New Years. Rest is also part of the workday, not just during PTO. Taking a break for personal commitments, whether it's watching the kids or getting some exercise is a natural part of the workday.
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter. We are intentional about building trust and relationships through unique, shared experiences. Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it's through Looms celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. Loommates are able to meet in person with their teams at least twice a year purely for fun. We have also built local offices for those who want to work or meet in person, starting with San Francisco and New York City.