Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we empower people to build a life beyond their next paycheck, building a beloved AI that enables you to forge your own path toward financial well-being.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached millions of people to support them throughout their financial lives, from their first paycheck to their first home and beyond. We're hitting headlines too. This year, Forbes named us as one of their Next Billion Dollar Startups, and we were crowned the 'Hottest Tech Scaleup' at the Europas.
You’ll be a key member of our Spend Better pillar that is responsible for ensuring our users improve their spending habits, and are starting to save what they can. You will be looking at 0-1 product opportunities and going from ideation and concept stage to validating and testing key assumptions, and designing, testing and building an MVP that can then scale if successful.
Outcome 1: Test, validate and build product MVPs
- Work collaboratively with your cross functional squad to come up with concepts that resonate with the target audience
- Understand the key financial assumptions we need to test and validate to ensure that the product could be significantly revenue additive at scale
- Decide on scope and trade-offs to get MVPs out to users for the most promising concepts and ensure success criteria are established and evaluated
Outcome 2: Scale up a successful MVP
- Work with commercial finance, operations/partnerships to understand lead times and dependencies for scaling an MVP to a larger number of users
- Align with marketing on value props for acquiring new users to the product
- Continue to validate key assumptions as the product scales and continuously iterate on the product based on learnings
You should apply if you:
- Have early stage product experience at a start-up or scale-up, and enjoy being hands on with a cross functional team of analysts, designers, and engineers
- Work collaboratively with your product squad and involve them in strategy and decision-making
- Bring creativity into how we approach financial products. We're radically changing how people interact with and feel about their finances. This means thinking about problems in a different way, and we encourage PMs from all backgrounds to apply.
- Bring energy and drive to ensure your product is successful. People would describe you as a force of nature who cares about their team
How long will the process take?
We aim to move as fast as possible. Usually 2-3 weeks is enough time for us all to get to know each other.
- Step 1: Quick phone/video call with a member of our Talent Team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo
- Step 2: 45 minutes with the Hiring Manager - Matt Alcock, Group PM - New Ventures
- Step 3: Live product task interview, to be presented to a Product Lead and another squad member, normally a Lead Product Designer
- Step 4: 45 minutes each with two cross-functional peers from engineering, user experience, commercial or data
What do you get for all your hard work?
- What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with reviews every 8 months. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ - This position is a PM4 level and we can pay £93,214 - £116,097 depending on experience.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms like Sofina, Balderton & EQT Ventures.
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We treat you as humans first, employees second. Because we can’t fight for the world’s financial health, if we’re not healthy ourselves. This means all the usual perks but it also means flexibility. We take pride in being a flexible workplace that trusts our Cleople to deliver their best work, giving you the autonomy to structure your day around morning drop-offs to school or daily dog walks.
- Hybrid-first: Join our hybrid-first team, where we blend the best of both remote and in-office work. We expect our team members to be in our London office 1-2 times a week. On Thursdays, we buy you lunch but you can come to the office on whichever days work best for you!
- Other benefits;
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- Check out our new benefits package here: https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/big-benefits-energy-the-latest-cleo-employee-benefits
- 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- Company-wide performance reviews every 8 months e.g every 2 terms, in line with our termly cycles (Jan-April, May-Aug, Sept-Dec):
- Generous pay increases for high-performers and high-growth team members
- Equity top-ups for team members getting promoted
- Private Medical Insurance via Vitality, dental cover, and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- We'll pay for your OpenAI subscription
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!