Grindr is the world’s largest dating app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. With around 13 million monthly active users, Grindr has become a fundamental part of the global LGBTQ community, and we take pride in empowering our users to connect, express themselves, and discover the queer world around them.
Our next evolution is underway as a newly public company looking to expand and continue to build meaningful experiences for our users. From social issues to original content, we’re blazing innovative paths with impact for our community, all while leveraging the latest tech stacks and striving for engineering excellence. At the heart of our work in this new chapter is a shared set of core values: openness and exploration, a bias for action, and strong support of the LGBTQ community.
With a track record of strong financial performance and plans for continued headcount growth, we’re looking to build a team of talented, passionate, and open-minded people who believe in our mission, align with our values, and are excited to work at the intersection of innovative technology and social impact. Come be a part of this exciting journey with us.
This is a hybrid role based in our Los Angeles or San Francisco office and will require you to be in office Tuesdays and Thursdays.
What’s so interesting about this role?
Come lead ML/AI-focused initiatives for the world’s most prominent LGBTQ public company, and help us continue to lead the market with high revenue growth and profitability for years to come. As Grindr’s Principal Product Manager focused on ML/AI, you will set our long-term strategy and lead the team to leverage cutting edge technologies to add value to our users & business. Utilizing your empathy and understanding of the Grindr user as well as your shrewd business sense, your team will drive ambitious product launches that will continuously engage and delight our subscriber base, building the foundation from which Grindr will expand to serve even more users and use cases over time.
In this role, you will establish a product roadmap that will set Grindr up for continued commercial success (continued high revenue growth and profitability) as we become the world’s most prominent queer public company. This role will be an incredible opportunity for you to put your growth-centric mindset and AI/ML expertise to work to develop and communicate a compelling roadmap for our revenue and growth path, build and lead a cohesive distributed team, energize the company behind your vision, and serve the largest global network of 13+ mil members of the queer community.
What’s the job?
The Product Manager will lead AI/ML implementation across all product pillars: Engagement, Monetization, and Trust & Safety.
In your first 12-18 months in the role, you will contribute to Grindr’s growth by:
- Crafting a 12-18 month AI/ML strategy and roadmap aligned with Grindr’s overall product vision and revenue goals
- Work closely with Data Scientists, Engineers, and PMs across the org to develop & implement models that can be applied to multiple use cases for add value to users as well as improve our internal operations
- Prioritizing and shipping impactful features that leveraging cutting edge technology to improve user acquisition, engagement, retention, and monetization
What we'll love about you
- 5+ years of product experience on web or mobile apps in the consumer product space with prior experience leading major B2C expansion and monetization initiatives through successful launches
- Subject-matter expertise in launching AI/ML features and applications in mobile and web B2C businesses
- Highly analytical and data-driven approach to owning the PDLC - you make decisions based on reliable data and your team’s ability to positively impact the business’ bottom line
- Proven history of KPI- and goal-driven leadership; you understand how to build, inspire, and drive a product function to success
- Curiosity, authenticity, and the ability to engender followership -- you are able to build strong relationships across all functions/levels and get people across the company excited about the direction and committed to the journey
- You have a talent for creating structure from ambiguity and operating with intent while looking for opportunities. You know how to turn your vision into strategy through your curiosity, grit, compassion, and data-driven decisions
- Executive presence and leadership confidence; you have extensive experience leading and influencing at the Executive level with a willingness to advocate for the choices you believe are right for the business
- You have excellent communication, presentation, and documentation skills with the ability to define and communicate the ‘big picture’ to key stakeholders at various levels
- Working knowledge of user interface design practices and user testing and/or leading a design team. Expertise collaborating with engineering to drive delivery and adapt to technical constraints without comprising user needs
- Experience fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and ensuring that your team’s voices are heard and valued
We’ll really swoon if you have
- Experience launching global revenue products across different markets, cultures, and languages
- Extensive experience with social and subscription-based business models
- Blended experience at small and large-scale global companies (startups and public companies)
- Subject-matter expertise in the dating business, LGBTQ community, and social/communication technologies
What you'll love about us
- Mission and Impact: Grindr is the world-leading LGBTQ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGBTQ people around the world.
- Family Insurance: Insurance premium coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and partial coverage for your dependents.
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401K plan with 6% match and immediate vest in the U.S.
- Compensation: Industry-competitive compensation and eligibility for company bonus and equity programs.
- Queer-Inclusive Benefits: Industry-leading gender-affirming offerings with up to 90% cost coverage, access to Included Health, monthly stipends for HRT, and more.
- Additional Benefits: Flexible vacation policy, monthly stipends for cell phone, internet, wellness, food, and commuting, breakfast/lunch provided onsite, and yearly travel & leisure stipend.